“Nice Little Corner”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Alta Marie's Bakery & Soup Shop
Cuisines: American
Description: Alta Marie's Bakery & Soup Shop is more than just a bakery. In addition the quality cakes and baked goods, we offer a full breakfast and lunch menu for our customers. Our menu accommodates a wide variety of tastes. We make all of our soups from scratch. We serve real food fast and at a reasonable price. Having a large event or business meeting? We do offer limited to full service catering.
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The food at Alta Marie's is home town, not pretentious, and affordable. It is fairly consistent and they are always trying something new.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Every time I pass through Orland, I HAVE to go to Alta Marie's. Whether it's the delicious bacon, homemade biscuits, delicious scones, or a caramel pecan bar that's to die for, it never disappoints! Really reasonable prices. Yum, yum!! Oh, my- you just have to try it!!!

Reviewed 9 August 2012

What a great idea! ;)

We stopped in for a quick bite but ended up having biscuits and gravy. You can get a half order or a whole order, and I thought I was pretty hungry so I got the whole order. The waitress looked at me funny and asked if I was sure. I said yes. I didn't think much of it, I think the price was around $7 so I figured it wasn't going to be too much food. Oops! She brought out a plate of biscuits and gravy big enough to feed three hungry ranchers. And they were excellent! I didn't make it through even half of it. Great way to start my day!

The place itself is nothing spectacular, just a bakery counter with a few tables for dining in. But the staff were friendly and the food was great. We got a dozen cookies to take with us, as well, and they were delicious.

1  Thank draigathar