“Convenient, comfortable, quiet, spacious and inexpensive.”
Review of Orland Inn

Orland Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orland
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Located immediately adjacent to I-5, this small and non-descript, no frills motel was well thought out, with windows facing away from the freeway and well insulated. It was QUIET, and we slept really well on one of the most comfortable motel or hotel beds anywhere (including the Ritz, Hiltons, and other high end properties.) A most pleasant surprise.

High speed wireless internet, in room microwave and fridge, coffee and tea in the lobby. A few pastries but no breakfast. Good pressure in the shower and an adequate air conditioner. We were in room 106. We would have no hesitation about staying here again overnight. With tax and the AAA discount, our room was only about $62.

We swam in the unheated but pleasantly warm pool at 9pm in 90 degree weather under a full moon. A refreshing oasis in the expanse of sun-baked parking lot.

If you are a frozen yogurt lover, the town of Orland holds a real treat for you. At the Pony Espresso drive through coffee stand on Harvard, several blocks east of downtown on the south side of the street, we had what we thought was the best frozen yogurt we had ever had. There is a tiny little sign about the yogurt. Comes in a cup. Smooth, creamy, slightly sweet, wonderful texture and good vanilla flavor. We added our own boysenberries (which we just happened to have in the cooler) and it was amazing. So much so, we planned our return trip to include the overnight stop in Orland so we could make a second visit to this little spot.

A couple of tips about Orland. In the summer, most restaurants will be closed around 9pm. The Farwood Grill is the "nicest" place in town. Pricey. A 16 oz prime rib was $29.00 The food was upscale, and it was OK. Not great, and not always properly described. The Bacon wrapped Tempura Shrimp appetizer was good sized shrimp wrapped in bacon, the coated with a thick beer batter style coating (not tempura at all) and fried. The coating was sooo thick that the bacon did not cook properly in my opnion. Served with a bottle sweet chili sauce, it was a good portion for $6.99, but I would never order it again. La Corona, just a few blocks away is Mexican, open til 10pm, decent food, lots of choices and much easier on the wallet. Avoid the Berry Patch at all costs. Pedestrian food, indifferent service and on the high end for prices for a family restaurant. We went in at 8:30 am for breakfast. Very few people in the establishment. Took almost 20 minutes for food to arrive, and I had to remind the waitress that we hadn't been served. The gravy on the biscuits was thick but without much sausage flavor. Sausage patty was flavorful but very greasy. Eggs were undercooked for what was requested. Perhaps they do better with the pancakes and potatoes (we tried neither.) We won't go back. La Corona does breakfast, and next time I'll take a chance on the Huevos Ranchero.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank AmeliaAnne1024

Reviewed 16 August 2010

I had cautious expectations for this hotel for what it was (small town hotel next to the I5) but was pleasantly surprised by the room which was spacious and clean. Despite the fact that we were next to the I5 it was very quiet - we couldn't hear any traffic at all. We stayed in room 203. The pool was a nice for a dip after a long day on the road. The front desk service when we checked in was reasonably good. Although I was just dropping off the key the guy in the office in the morning wasn't very friendly (didn't really acknowledge my existence).

I would stop here again on any future I5 journeys for an affordable ($65 a night) and clean overnight stop.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Delilahs_Dad
Reviewed 25 June 2009

We had a block of rooms reserved here for our wedding. While we did not stay at the property, I was in several of the rooms visiting with guests. The rooms are nothing fancy, but are clean and comfortable. The rooms are actually much larger than I would have expected and come with a mini frige and microwave. The pool had not been opened prior to the groups arrival, but the owner opened it up and readied it for the group. There was lots of seating and the pool was very clean. Leading up the group reservations, the owner/manager was very helpful and was a pleasure to work with. There are lots of trucks that park near the hotel, but none of our guests mentioned them being loud, etc. I would highly reccomend this motel to others looking for clean, safe and reasonably priced lodging.

• Stayed: May 2009
2  Thank travling4fun
Reviewed 8 March 2009

I have stayed here twice. The first time was pleasant. This last time staff had housekeeping cleaning rooms past 9:00pm including vacuuming the room above me at 10:00pm. The phone in my room did not work. The quality seems to be following the economy - straight down.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank smythOregon
Reviewed 7 June 2007

This is a very nice place to stay. The room was great, the grounds were well kept and the pool was well maintained. I had no problems at all. If you go to the Farm Sanctuary, which is nearby, this is a good location for your overnight stay.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank graight

Been to Orland Inn? Share your experiences!