See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The Orland Inn provides good value. It is a typical two-story motel with doors facing an outdoor corridor. Although located almost directly on Highway 5, the rooms are remarkably quiet. The rooms are largish, with TV, fridge, and microwave. No special toiletries are available; bring your own shampoo. Coffee and a bakery item are offered in the morning in the lobby, but no real breakfast. The Inn is in a half-vacant mall, and there is no place to get breakfast within walking distance. There is a Mexican restaurant next door for lunch and dinner. No reason to stop here except for a night’s sleep.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank southwind3
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This is an older motel that hasn't had much renovation. The beds are comfortable, the room is spacious and it is as clean as an older motel can be. Unfortunately we did see one cockroach scurry away, but no other bugs. As already stated, it is just off I-5 and is very reasonable priced. The person we dealt with in the office was pleasant. The frig worked well in the room. Didn't use the mic. It was very quiet but we did have the a/c running as it was close to 100 during the day and still warm in the evening. We stayed on the first floor but if we had a smoking room, I didn't notice any odor. Don't forget the coupon from their website. I forgot ours but the room was still reasonable priced.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JSP799
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The Orland Inn is an outstanding hotel to stay at if heading up and down the I-5 or to Chico which is where I'm headed to drop off and or pick up my son from Chico State. I just happened to discover it while looking for a place to stay in the Chico area while moving my son into his dorm last year and where I'll only stay from now on. It's only a short 20 mile drive from University Village.

The rooms are large, clean, quiet and very comfortable. WOW, fluffy bath towels; not the hand towel size that so many hotels give you these days. The owner and his staff are very hospitable, helpful and courteous.

There is plenty of parking for oversized vehicles if you're dragging a large trailer, boat or stopping off to get out of the motor home. IThere is also now a new grocery store "next door" and several eating establishments in the shopping center it's a part of.

I haven't used the pool but it sure looks nice on those hot days too.

Room Tip: They're all great rooms and although the hotel backups up to the I-5 you can't hear a sound from passing vehicles.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dennis F F
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here two nights, Saturday & Sunday, rather than in Chico 30 miles away. Room was very clean, attractive, had a mini frig & microwave, flat screen TV with cable, and firm/comfy queen sized beds. Some people would not like that the room lacked hairdryer, shampoo/lotion things, ironing board/iron. We don't use them, so we didn't miss them. Right beside the freeway and being hot weather, we kept the A/C on & humming all night and slept soundly. There were no college kids rampaging the motel, as happened in Chico at one motel this same weekend two years ago; no noisy TVs next door or upstairs; or even diesel trucks warming up engines at 5 a.m. Coffee was hot and tasty at 7 a.m., but don't expect the carb breakfast that motels often offer. I'd rather have protein in the a.m. We drove one mile north to the other Orland freeway exit to enjoy a good breakfast at the Berry Patch Restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MaggyMae25
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Had the opportunity to stay at this establishment over Memorial Day weekend and was pleasantly surprised. Family took up 2 rooms and both were very spacious and clean with 2 beds in each. This two-story motel is just off of I-5 yet it faces away from the freeway, making it a quiet and comfortable stay. Room had a mini fridge and a microwave but no hairdryer (wife was mad about that one). Also they do give you bars of soap but no shampoo or conditioner, so be sure to bring your own. It's definitely a "no-frills" motel but you get what you pay for. They have their own website and offer a printable coupon, which we used to pay just under $65 per room per night (with taxes) which was an outstanding deal compared to other places. Could have driven 10 miles up on I-5 and stayed in a simliar type room at Rolling Hills Casino for twice the price. Overall it was a positive experience and we will definitely be staying there again in the future.

Room Tip: The building is two-floors with stairs on several ends and no elevators. Non-smoking rooms are on the 2nd floor, which made so sense to me since cigarette smoke rises, but, anyway.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family