“Still the best”

Add it.
The Boss
Ranked #19 of 91 Restaurants in Oroville
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I grew up in Oroville and have been eating Boss burgers for as long as I can remember. I don't live in the town anymore, but always take friends/colleagues there when we pass through.
To truly appreciate the burger, you must get a "Big Boss." Anything smaller is just a regular hamburger from any burger shack. The Big Boss is juicy and cooked to order with lots of add-on choices. A small order of fries is huge and enough for two. The shakes are great, too. Bring your appetite. If you have it for a late lunch, you may not need dinner. The only downfall is the parking. It can be tight, but there is no fix for it. The place is landlocked. Carpool!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I've visited a few burger joints around town and this one is still my favorite. I have been coming here for about 8 years, and it never disappoints. I used to come here for the root beer shake, and the arcade, but their shakes aren't as good as they used to be, but their food is.
I always order the same thing when I go, a bacon cheese burger, and small fries with nacho cheese dip. They have Small, Large, and Family Size. Unless you're really starving or have a big group, just order the small. The small fires are really like ordering a large in any other restaurant, and I usually pay around 11 bucks for the whole meal (without the drink). A bit overpriced, but the large portion makes up for it. Just don't order the Big Boss, because one time they gave me one on accident and the meat was cut into 4 different pieces and was falling apart, and it was cooked weird. It was terrible, but the little boss is good.
Service is usually good. I only got ripped off once. I paid for bacon, and didn't get any bacon, and sometimes they don't ask if I want it for here or to go.
It also takes a while to get your food, but the wait is worth it. They used to have a bowl of free peanuts to munch on while you waited for your food, but now they don't. :(
Try to avoid eating there during lunch hour, 11:30-1, as it gets crowded with high school students on their lunch break. Most other times of the day it's quiet.
Also, there are no men working there, it's all hot girls, so if you're lucky, you might get a date, just leave your number in the tip jar. ;)