“Take Note, This Place is a Diamond!!”

Gold Country Casino & Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Oroville
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I came here to visit my Father, who lives in Oroville. We have a history of not getting along very well, but still I make the effort once a year to fly from my home in Hawaii to visit him. I always stay at a motel or hotel as a neutral spot, in case the visit goes wrong. This year it went very wrong. On the first day, we were in a major fight, and I was now looking at 4 nights/5 days with nothing to do.
I chose the right hotel!! I'm not a gambler (was in casino industry for 27 years), but lavished in the Gold Country's resort. The room was fit for a king. The restaurants were amazing. The prices were very low. The staff made me feel like family. I was on the 5th floor. Treated like a king in every way. HUGE sunken bathtub, with rubber duckie included! Eat in the steakhouse!! AWESOME! Buffet was wonderful, too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper level for a better view, and more quiet, away from the casino. My no-smok...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank banyannook
There are newer reviews for Gold Country Casino & Hotel

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We recently had a great time visiting this local casino/hotel. Both my wife and I were surprised at the luxury of the room and the fine dinner house. While we basiclly broke even at the casino we had a wonderful time at dinner, and we felt very safe and relaxed in our large suite on the 6th floor.

We purchased a special "all in one" package for $160.00. This special included the king jacuzzi suite, a bottle of wine, a five course meal, and $20.00 in vouchers to get us started in the casino. The staff even brought us cookies and milk just after arrival, as this special was called the "broken resolutions special."

We'd requested a king jaquzzi suite on the sixth floor for the view, and they didn't disappoint. It was great because the windows in the room were from celing to floor, with a great view. The bathroom was huge with both the jacuzzi tub and a seperate shower, his and her sinks, and an even more private room for the toilet. There were also his and her robes ready and waiting after getting out of the jacuzzi tub. Matter a fact, there was even a little rubber duck sitting on the edge of the tub. What a touch!

If you're looking to get away from reality and do something completely differant, casino resorts may be one way to go. We had a wonderful time and felt relaxed both during and after our stay.

Happy traveling!

Room Tip: Gold Country Casino has many types of rooms, from standard queen to luxury king jaquzzi suites, and...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FishinOregon
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Parking was easy, up front. Hotel receptionist was friendly and fast. Gave us top room with a view (not much views here tho). Room was big and clean, nice big windows. Bathroom is as big as bedroom, very nice. The bed was a little over used, a slight valley in the middle. Not flat and firm. The heater worked great. Very convenient for playing in casino. Bathroom could use more than two towels, min of 3 is suggested. The casino luck was so-so and the buffet was decent, good service.

Room Tip: Rooms were $135 on weekends and $80 on Sunday - Thursday. $135 is a bit steep for this room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeep_Rick
Reviewed 2 December 2011

We stayed here the night before Thanksgiving. Checked in, front desk young clerk gave us two tickets for free breakfast at the buffet for the next AM. Were delighted, they usually never did that, and we usually eat at the coffee shop. Slept nicely, room was great! However, next AM, walked to the coffee shop, were seated, and showed the wait staff our tickets. Immediately the gal and the guy told us they couldn't accept the tickets, and they were extremely adamant, acted as though we were trying to cheat them. When my husband said we would go to Denny's instead, the guy told us to go ahead and go someplace else, several times. Neither one of the staff went to call the front desk to find out about the tickets. So, I took the tickets and went to the front desk, this time, an older guy was there. He said, the buffet was closed due to the holiday, so the coffee shop would take the tickets. He would call them, but it was too late, my husband already took the luggage out to the lot and we were leaving, so they took $10 off of the bill. Have never been treated so rudely at any restaurant in our whole lives, insulting. Especially since we have gone to that coffee shop often, bringing relatives with us. A friend from Oroville went there the same day to speak to the hospitality manager, and they assured her they would send us a letter apologizing, but have never received any letter yet. We are staying at Feather Falls over Christmas, and they will get any further business we have in Oroville from now on.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kuchenesser
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We stayed one night at this location. We had a king standard room on the 6th floor, we were truly amazed at the size of the room, probably the largest room for the price we've ever stayed at. We got an expedia rate of $94 for a Monday night stay. The bathroom is awesome, with twin sinks, a very adequate size walk in shower, masses of floor space and a huge soaking tub which both my husband (6 ft) and I could fit in very comfortably. Toilet in a separate area. Bath even had a rubber ducky sitting on the edge. We were blown away by how much space there was. Bed was comfortable, firm matress, a heavier comforter would have been nice, but we weren't cold, we just like a heavier comforter. Housekeeping responded extremely promptly to our request for extra towels. We liked that they had real coffee mugs and glasses as opposed to plastic or styrofoam. Small fridge in room. Great TV, all in all a very comfortable and more than adequate room, great value for money. Casino is fun, the buffett dinner was not very appealing but the cafe had a great menu and we enjoyed dinner there. We would have eaten at the Steakhouse which looked really nice, but they are closed on Mondays. We definitely recommend this location and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: I would think the rooms on the lower floors might have residual noise from the casino, but I'm n...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2011

I took my friends to this hotel since we had been coming many times. This was his first trip out since he had been hurt and in a wheelchair. He has no movement from this shoulders down. The staff was wonderful from the desk to the maintance workers. They personally made stands to raise the bed so we could get his lift under the bed. With the hotels help this was the first time in 2 years that he was able to take a shower and sleep with his wife. Thank you so much

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank greenhd
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Customer service starts over the phone. Due to an injury my wife and I were unable to make our trip so I called to cancel our reservations. It would have been our first time at Gold Country, The casino manager and the front desk said we were going to be charged for the room anyways and there was nothing they could do. Talk about bad customer service! You can bet that we will not be going to spend our money there in the future. I never had this problem in Reno, Tahoe or Jackson for that matter. And at least those places take your money the old fashioned way, Gambling.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drdansl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oroville
The Lodge at Feather Falls Casino
#8 of 17 in Chico
Hotel Diamond
Hotel Diamond
#2 of 17 in Chico

Been to Gold Country Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!