“Casino stay”

Gold Country Casino & Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Oroville
Reviewed 14 January 2010

Loved the bathroom. It was huge. Separate tub which was beautiful and big enough for 4 people.

Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 October 2009

Wife and I stayed one night in the hotel. Room was a mini-suite with spa tub. Room was large, clean and nicely appointed. Thought we hit the jackpot because of the great price. Bed not as comfortable as other hotel beds have slept in. Around 11 pm could hear an intermittent vibration coming from the wall behind the bed. Annoying but able to get to sleep. A few hours later awoke to even louder vibration in the opposite wall. Got only 4 hours sleep because of it. While sitting in the restaurant on the second floor you could feel the floor and table vibrate. Would never stay in this hotel again. The casino is large and devoid of cigarette smoke. Nice play to gamble. Food in the restaurant was adequate.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swatman
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I knew nothing of this casino/hotel but needed a place to stay in Oroville over a weekend. I called and asked about the deluxe rooms starting at $49.00 as advertised by several billboards along Hwy 70. The first person I spoke with said nothing was available at that price, period! I waited about an hour and called back again. This time I spoke with a woman who seemed nicer and when I asked about their advertised special she said she could put me in a room for $59.00 a night so I booked it. For that price, the room was a bargain. Very spacious, especially the well designed bathroom. However, The walls are thin and you can hear your neighbors very easily. Thankfully, mine were courteous but if you have some that are not, it may be difficult to stay the whole evening. Music from downstairs and from a wedding on the 4th floor boomed into the room but promptly quit at midnight both nights I was there. The, now free, wireless Internet would not connect but the front desk had a cable and I was able to receive service that way. Finally, for the price, I was extremely satisfied but had I paid full-boat, I would not have been pleased by how un-sound proof the rooms are or the prostitute that propositioned me as I arrived at the entrance of the casino, but hey, it was Orovillian experience.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Madatter
Reviewed 29 January 2009

I went up to Oroville with my boyfriend and my young son and we stayed here - booked the reservation online through their website. Odd booking - you email what you want and they email you back with either a reservation or a message saying they have nothing available - the first email said they had nothing available, but when I called I was able to book just the kind of room I wanted. That aside, the service was excellent, the room was lovely, and I loved the bathroom. There was plenty of room for my son's crib, and for him to run around and play. The cafe on the second floor was very good - and the staff was very sweet to my son; I would imagine that they don't get many toddlers at a casino, but everyone was very attentive and courteous - I would return any time. It was very worth the money, even on a weekend, and I hear the deals are even better midweek. I did not play in the casino, but it looked bustling and clean, and I did not go to the buffet, either, but I heard it was very good. I will likely be staying there again later this spring, and I'm looking forward to it.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank HTApprovedChick
Reviewed 17 June 2008

We spent 5 nights at Gold Country during a family celebration in nearby Chico. The room was much better than what we expected. We had a suite on the non-smoking 4th floor that was tasteful, clean, very roomy, the room temperature was easy to regulate, and it was very reasonably priced. I appreciated the walk-in closet and the jaccusi tub worked perfectly. When we wanted hot water from the shower, we got hot water. The only negatives were that our coffee pot should have been replaced, and the frig didn't seem to get real cold.
The valet parking, housekeeping and desk staff were very friendly and responsive. There was no noise from the casino or the bar, and the cigarette smoke went no further than the elevators. The restaurant and buffet were reasonably priced, and the wait staff were very efficient. We gambled a little, and managed to recoup our investment. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank jstme2
Reviewed 27 January 2008

Rooms are spacious and clean. Building is in need of sound proofing. Be ready to hear beside and above noise. Been in sixty year old hotels with better walls. Staff is great.

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed 17 June 2007

I stayed at Gold Country Casino and Hotel on Thursday, June 14 through Saturday, June 16 with a group of 16 other travelers in Oroville for a special event. The overall comment was "WOW! We cannot believe this place!!!!!" I was in a King Deluxe Jacuzzi room... what a treat. The bathroom was the largest bathroom I'd ever seen in a hotel.... vanity and sinks for two with a sitting area, a large shower and jaccuzi tub. All group members raved about the bathroom and the ammenities. Bed was comfortable and spacious desk area. Loved the double mirrors on the closet. All ate at the buffet for fish night on Friday. Lots of offerings and the desert bar was a hit. I would HIGHLY recommend this casino and hotel to anyone in the Oroville area. It is two miles out of town, but that made it special to us. We enjoyed the drive into the hill and out of the city.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank lawgrad2000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oroville
The Lodge at Feather Falls Casino
#3 of 17 in Chico
Ramada Plaza Chico
Ramada Plaza Chico
#8 of 17 in Chico

Been to Gold Country Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!