The hotel at the Gold Country Casino, an Indian casino in Oroville, was surprisingly nice! In fact, I'd say this is one of the nicest places we've ever stayed. My husband and I were here for one night for Oktoberfest (in the hotel showroom, and a lot of fun). Our room on the fifth floor was extremely spacious, and had floor to ceiling windows on one side, with a partial view of the foothills. The furniture was sleek and modern, and the room was decorated in nice earth tones with a "leaf" theme. The queen bed was very comfortable, and the room also had a TV armoire, desk, and chair with modern reading lamp. There was an alcove with coffeemaker and mini-refrigerator. But best of all was the bathroom! The bathroom was about 8 by 15 feet, with a granite-topped vanity with two sinks along one entire side. At one end was a whirlpool bathtub, which felt absolutely wonderful, complete with "rubber duckie" and very nice soaps. There was also a large, clear glass shower with great water pressure. The room had a modern thermostat, allowing precise adjustment of heat, air conditioning, and fan. The only downside was that when the people in the next room came in, we could hear them talking to some extent. There are several restaurants in the hotel and casino--we had breakfast in the cafe, and the french toast was excellent. I must compliment the service--from check-in to breakfast waitress, everyone was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is upstairs from the casino, which is not too large and seemed to have the latest slot machines (which use paper money and vouchers, no coins, so no sound of coins pouring out--miss that!) and table games. Oroville is a pleasant small town, and we enjoyed visiting the Oroville Dam (one of the tallest earth dams in the U.S.) and visitors center and the interesting fish hatchery. All in all, a pleasant stay in a very nice hotel. I highly recommend it if you're visiting this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether it’s for business or pleasure, Gold Country Casino & Hotel has it all. Our award winning Hotel assures you of a comfortable night’s sleep and our full-service Banquet, Conference and Reception facility is the answer to those looking for a Meeting or Reception site. Our professional Events Staff is ready and eager to deliver a superior guest experience and will be there every step of the way. Place your bet and get ready for action on the most exciting Casino floor in Northern California featuring the best in gaming, including Table Games, Poker, Slots and Bingo. We’re also well known for our Food, Beverage and Entertainment Venues. Catch a Headliner in the Show Room, dine in our award winning Steak House or enjoy a casual meal in the 24 Hour Café, Bountiful Buffet or Espresso Bar. If it’s the “Night Life” you’re looking for, enjoy your favorite cocktail and dance the night away in the Spirits Lounge. Be sure not to miss out on all the benefits of the "GOLD EXPERIENCE CLUB". When playing with your Card, you could be earning Cash, Free Play or Points towards Promotional Giveaways. This is the Club that pays to play! Join today and start earning, you can sign up at the Guest Services Desk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Be sure to bring a photo ID. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Gold Country Casino & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gold Country Hotel Oroville
- Gold Country Casino And Hotel