“Your Foodsworth at the Old Woolworth”
Review of Fresh & Fabulous

Fresh & Fabulous
Ranked #22 of 311 Restaurants in Oxnard
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 4th
Transit: Major public transportation center just 2 blocks away at Oxnard Blvd and 4th street.
Description: Celebrating 10 years in downtown Oxnard, Fresh & Fabulous Cafe is now located in Centennial Plaza near the movie theatre. Serving fresh, house-made specialties like quiche, burgers, soups, falafel, salads and more.
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Both my wife and I frequent the Fresh and Fabulous since the early days when she had a small shop on the side of the Woolworth's Building. Every day she would just astound the clientel with magical entrees for lunch.
She has since expanded and gained noteworthy commendations from Sunset Magazine and the Ventura County Reporter.
Her soups and sandwiches are hearty and filling. She has late evening jazz concerts and music on Fridays.
I check her handwritten chalkboard for the soup of the day. Try one of the sandwiches with a soup. She is web friendly and you can call in your order .
Good food great taste!

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Fresh and Fabulous is another great reason to visit downtown Oxnard. Magda really knows how to cook! The salads are wonderful and very creative as are the sandwiches and soups. She often has specials depending on the season and all the breads and baked goods are made right there. They also offer soup/salad/sandwich combos depending on how hungry you are. The staff behind the counter are always friendly and helpful. F&F also offers catering.

Reviewed 2 December 2011

I love, love, love the food here....I keep trying to order different things, but really just want to go back again and again for the Cranberry Chicken Pecan Salad with balsamic dressing. I could drink the dressing, it is soooooo good!

The hummus and pita is a great snack when you don't want a big meal, or if you are sharing with friends. The sandwiches are very creative and wonderful. The bakery counter has always got something sweet to end the meal with, or get it to go if you are too full from the sizable meal. They don't skimp on quality or quantity here.

It is such a relief to have such a pleasant place to go for lunch from work instead of what I call "plastic food" from the chain restaurants. The staff is always friendly and prompt.

The only thing I could mark as less than positive is the decor...it probably appeals to a generation other than my own with it's retro lamps that look like they came out of the early 60's. It is kinda dark inside, even with a floor-to-ceiling at the entrance. But, I don't care.....the food is just too good!

Reviewed 23 September 2011

I love going to F&F! The portions are generous as I always get a 1/2 sandwich and salad. It comes with fresh hummus and pita chips (I think made there). I recommend this place to everyone.

Sometimes on the weekends the staff seems a little busy, so you may have to bus your own table, but it is worth it. I wish they had patio seating.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

My husband and I enjoyed a leisurely lunch here on a Saturday. The place has a cool vibe: colorful decor, interesting art and vintage booths befitting a former Woolworth's, with a quirky museum in the back. You order at the counter and the staff brings your food to you.

We couldn't get enough of the super-fresh garlicky humus and crunchy pita chips that accompanied our lunch. We shared a chicken pecan salad sandwich on grilled ciabatta bread. It had a bit too much mayo for my taste, but that didn't stop me from devouring it. We also split the pear walnut salad -- a small was large enough for two.

Intrigued by the combination, I took a chance on the rosemary lemonade. Sorry, it just didn't work. My hubby was happier with his iced tea and decaf coffee. We finished our meal with a peanut-butter cookie, which was tasty, but dry.

All was redeemed by the drop-dead delicious brownie. Topped with homemade fudge, it was so rich that we saved half for the next day. Don't miss it.