“Going to Ventura County? This is the Marriott Hotel to stay!”

Courtyard Oxnard Ventura
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Singapore, Singapore
“Going to Ventura County? This is the Marriott Hotel to stay!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

A lovely hotel. One of the reasons I stay loyal to the Marriott brand. Went to Ventura County for a 2 day stay to visit a friend. One of the best looking Courtyards. I would definitely stay here again and again and again. Hassle free check in and check out. Password free wifi.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms overlooking the pool...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Trixter45
LynnAnneGreene, Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Trixter45,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are so glad that you love our hotel and will be visiting when you come back to the area. Can't wait to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
san diego
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Week Number two here. I tried to hold my tongue being that I started my career at Ritz-Carlton Hotels and Starwood Pre-Westin and Sheraton. Lets start with the bathrooms when you run the water in the sink there is a sewer odor that comes up I was on the 5th floor last week the 4th floor this week same situation. Opened bottle of lotion in Bathroom last week to notice it had clearly been used. Maybe that's what people in Oxnard called sanitary. I don't know but in the rest of the world that is very Unsanitary. The Shade to block out the sun in both rooms is literally held together with Tape of some sort to mask the holes. The front office staff is very friendly and as accomodating. That's the only bright spot. There is only one of those here. Housekeeping is extremely slow here rooms are not ready even at 3pm. Even staying last week my colleagues and myself all commented about how slow housekeeping is in this building. For the Icing on the cake Checked in today of course no rooms ready at 245 waited got rooms decided two hours later to run hot water. The water came out cold. Which tells me that this water has not worked probably all day. Instead of this hotel telling clients before checking in. They allow them to check in something a charlatain would do. I'm sure the GM will comment so before you do i don't really care what your excuse is because that's all it is is an excuse as i said MY perception is just that you guys are charlatains nothing else really is important and I don't want to hear a song and dance I'm not in the mood. Bottom line i will actually be calling Mr Marriott's office first thing in the morning to discuss this building. you can probably fold the mattresses in half they are just that soft. i don't like old mattresses these are clearly that. I have come tot he conclusion that this property is either not worthy of a Marriott flag of any sort or Marriott has lowered their standards and I need to start looking elsewhere to take my business. They claim the hotel will have hot water when they pick up the part tomorrow. Mind you no discount on rate no points offered. This place is tragic I'm EXTREMELY DISSAPPOINTED!!!!! I believe in speaking abut good service and bad just alike so I'm not on a mission to post on every travel site i can this evening people should know where they are going

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tgreen4142
LynnAnneGreene, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear tgreen4142,

First, thank you for your review of our property. I have passed all this information to our Director of Rooms so that we can improve service and the quality of our rooms. Our boiler heater did break down and unfortunately that meant that some of our guests were without hot water for a few hours. I am glad that we were able to get it up and running that evening. I hope that the compensation we offered will not deter you from the Marriott Brand as a whole.

Thank you very much.
Ireland
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Lovely hotel, very friendly and very helpful staff. Rooms were lovely and bathroom nice also.
Stayed for two nights and even had time for a dip in the hot tub.

The only confusing thing for us was the procedure to order breakfast in the morning. Its s tad confusing and very slow when people descend on the breakfast bar at once. Anyway the breakfast was very good as long as you were not in a rush. The wifi was also very good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Smilero
Maureen B, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. Every guest here at The Courtyard by Marriott, Oxnard, is a valued guest, and I'm pleased that our team conveyed this to you. As many of our guests our business travelers, we strive to give them a restful sleep, good food, and excellent service.
We very much look forward to your next visit
Upland, California
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This was the noisiest hotel we have stayed at in a while. Not just because the hotel was busy due to some youth sporting event but I guess the only way the housekeeping staff communicates with each other is to yell down the hallway! OK, things happen, and you can't always control what the other guests do (and kids will be kids!) but the housekeeping staff?

Room Tip: Check to make sure you aren't staying there at the same time as the youth tournaments are occurr...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joe M
Maureen B, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Joe_Loves_Eva,

First off I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. I am extremely sorry that our staff was noisy during your stay with us. Since you informed my manager of the problem, out check out, all of our staff have been spoken to about respecting our guests and maintaining a quiet noise level. We also have bought every employee an ear piece for their radios, so the noise levels do not bother guests as well.

I am very sorry if this caused you any inconvenience and we hope that you will give us another try in the future.

Thank you very much for staying with us and letting us know how we can better serve our guests.
SF Bay Area
Reviewed 15 January 2014

After driving down Christmas day to check out Solvang, went spent a night at this Courtyard so that we are positioned conveniently for our next leg of our trip, heading out to Exposition Park in Los Angeles.

Reception was spot on about a couple of restaurants that were opened for dinner.

The room was spacious and comfortable.

The Bistro is conveniently located in the lobby, opened for all three major meals. We ate there for breakfast before heading out to Los Angeles. They had items for those who want a healthy or hearty options.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jpanda168
Maureen B, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Our entire team would like to thank you for staying with us at The Courtyard by Marriott, Oxnard. It sounds like you had quite a trip that your whole family enjoyed. We are happy that we were able to be part of that memorable family time. Being centrally located does help us have many great restaurants to suggest, ideas for fun things to do in Oxnard and Ventura, or, as you said, give you a comfortable night's rest while you are traveling.
We very much look forward to your next visit.
Lee, IL
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

An expended stay at a hotel allows you to see the overall health of a hotel. The Courtyard met all my expectations. I had proof when I accidentally placed a receipt in the trash and I returned to the hotel before 11:00 am. The staff had already cleaned my room, but was working other rooms so I managed to find the receipt. The final night someone was playing music and I could hear it inn my room. The volume decreased substantially within two minutes of my complaint and the desk called to verify the volume was turned down. Thumbs up to the staff and the hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SeedGeek
Maureen B, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Our team at The Courtyard by Marriott, Oxnard would like to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service excellence we are all committed to, because, as a team, it is the best part of our jobs. It is nice to hear the different perspectives of our different guests, from our tireless business travelers, to our weekend getaway guests. We do appreciate all suggestions and comments that help us welcome each new guest and care for them better every day.
We look forward to your next visit
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This hotel had spacious rooms, good parking and excellent access to the freeways, shopping centres and restaurants. We wanted a place to stay for a couple of nights as we had an all day trip out to sea from Ventura Harbour.
Easy access to Ventura Harbour from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bruce W
Maureen B, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Our wonderful team of associates would like to thank you for staying with us at The Courtyard by Marriott, Oxnard. We are so pleased you found your room to be a comfortable place to relax and rest. We are anticipating our guest room renovations to begin soon, so your next visit will be even more comfortable. And we hope you had a wonderful day trip out from the Ventura Harbor. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.