“An Average Review That Should Be Higher”

Courtyard Oxnard Ventura
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night on business. The staff was friendly and welcoming, and I really appreciated the free room upgrade. This Courtyard has two things going against it that are absolutely not the fault of the staff -- one, it's definitely an aging property. Everything felt "old". Plugs flopped in and out of worn electrical sockets, and the room layout and decor threw me back to the 1980s. Let's call it clean, but dated. I think they're trying to do something with the hotel, but it's not there yet. The big negative for me was the Internet -- it's slow beyond comprehension. I lost connection several times and when I did have connectivity it was so slow that it was hard to file my daily reports. I want to give this hotel higher marks -- I really do! But I've got to be honest in my reviews. For now, it's an average property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
LynnAnneGreene, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear MrDiesel,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate all comments whether negative or positive. It is through these comments that we are able to change our property for the better. We currently have internet technicians on property updating our internet floor by floor so that we won't have problems in the future. We are also going to be renovating our property later this year. In these renovations we will be updating our rooms, including décor, and our exteriors. We hope that you visit us again next time you're in Oxnard.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Oxnard Ventura

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This is an older hotel that is being upgraded. Everything was clean, although our room was not completed and we had problem with the TV reception. The staff was helpful, and repaired what was wrong with the TV. We did receive free breakfast for our inconvenience. They have a small cafe on site which is very convenient for breakfast or a snack. Nothing fancy, and don't expect gourmet. Coffee and a refrigerator are available in the room. We were there to sleep. It was quiet and clean. Staff was helpful and friendly. You would have to get in your car to find restaurants, although there is a small mall across Vineyard St. It is a Courtyard, expect the basics.

Stayed: July 2014
LynnAnneGreene, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear CaribeAzul1,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. As you mentioned we will be going through a renovation later this year. We are working on our preventative maintenance program and trying to ensure that all rooms are up to the level the guest expects. We do appreciate when someone tells us what we're doing wrong because this lets us know what we need to fix. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Oxnard area.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We drove around Camarillo, Oxnard and Ventura looking for the best deal for an extended stay. We found this place to be the most affordable and comfortable.

The food is priced fair and taste better than most hotel food.

The rooms are clean and average size.

I was surprised by how quiet the hotel was even when busy.

There is a nice outdoor pool and the rooms with balconies offer a cool breeze of fresh air into the room.

The service was exceptional and friendly.

But the cable is only basic with HBO. No Bravo or E or other guilty pleasure reality TV.

I was very happy that room service gratuity was not automatically added because in the last hotel we stayed in it was and we ended up inadvertently leaving a 50% gratuity.

The location is tucked away in a business park but only a mile from a WHOLEFOODS, providing us with healthy food to store in the mid size fridge included in the room.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Glamour_traveler
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

When we first arrived for check in we thought wow what a beautiful hotel. Until they gave us our keys and we headed up to our room in building C. These rooms are outdated. I've stayed in a best western that was way nicer than this hotel. I mean hello this is a Marriott. The staff was nice and so were the housekeeping staff but other than that I would NOT stay here again. By the way the room we stayed in had 2 beds which were comfy but not so impressed with this hotel. The lobby should represent your rooms. What's the point of a nice lobby and ugly rooms. I mean we aren't sleeping in the lobby you know. And also when we checked in the lady "Maureen" or Marlene whatever her name was said oh by the way no partying or being loud, hello lady I have kids with me why would you say that? I really don't care if you tell all your guests that it just sounds so rude maybe try to implement that under policies. Was not here to party. I was here to rest and feel a little at home. Not impressed at all.

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Disneymommy09
Peter M, Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Disneymommy,

We appreciate your feedback, as it lets us know where we can be better. I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay with us, we do host many sports teams, and I am sure the assumption was one that you may also be a participatory guest, cautioning the need for quiet and courtesy to others. We attempt to make the guests stay here as comfortable and pleasant.
Our guest rooms are older but we attempt to keep them clean and in good condition, they are all scheduled for renovation this fall.
Please allow us a chance to show you our hotel on a future stay. If there is anything that I can personally assist with, Please let me know how we can make it a pleasant stay for you when you come back to visit.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights and for the price it was absolutely perfect. Rooms are clean and spacious, staff is friendly and hotel is well located. We would stay here again. It is the perfect hotel if you are on the way from San Francisco to San Diego. And LA is an hour from Oxnard.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Maureen B, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott in Oxnard, and for taking the time to review our property. Every guest here is a valued guest and I'm glad we were able to share that with you. We look forward to your next visit .
Maureen
Team Courtyard

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this courtyard because it was the closest to my business meeting location. It is a Courtyard but rather different. It is old but there are some things that could be done immediately to improve the customer experience. Number one signage. I hated that there was no sign when you get off the elevator that tells where the work room or pool is. Having to walk around the lobby in my work out clothes is annoying. There was plenty of equipment in the work room. It was nice. The other thing I found different from standard Courtyards was the weird techno music playing in the lobby at 8a. The staff was very friendly and the food in the bistro was good. I may stay again when in the area.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Peter M, Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Elena C,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that you stayed with us the Courtyard Oxnard Ventura .

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We have a planned renovation this year that will include signage for amenities. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stay at a lot of Marriott branded hotels. This hotel has got to be the worst. The staff is very friendly and helpful and tried to help me, but with the hotel in the condition that it is in it is very hard to meet the requests. This place is old and is in need of serious refurbishment. Holes in the carpet in the hallways, doors to the inside are unlocked, beds are old, the place is old. Sorry I don't like writing these types of reviews. In fact, I didn't even look at the tripadvisor reviews before staying here because I knew it was a Marriott.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
LynnAnneGreene, Manager at Courtyard Oxnard Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Explorer,

Thank you for your response and review in regards to your stay at our Hotel. we enjoy hearing from our guests on the quality of their time with us, the good and not so good alike. It allows us a chance to become better.
I apologize that we did not meet your needs during your stay with us. We do try to make it enjoyable, and our staff strives to make it memorable as well as informative, from local eateries to nighttime entertainment venues, and to the plentiful shopping adventures at the Collection.
We are in the first phase of reconstruction here, as we too are aware of the buildings need for freshening up. Currently we are removing the popcorn / textured ceilings that was in style so many years ago, and later this year, we are engaging in a complete hotel /guest room renovation from carpet to wallpaper, furnishings to fixtures including new paint to the exterior.
Its a large undertaking as I am sure you can imagine. Please come and visit us again to let us show you the butterfly that emerges from this cocoon.
Thank You for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge
Ventura Beach Marriott
Ventura Beach Marriott
#5 of 23 in Ventura

Been to Courtyard Oxnard Ventura? Share your experiences!