“Fantastic”

Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Wonderful atmosphere, helpful staff, an all over pleasant experience. The beds are comfy, the food is great, the location is quiet, and it's all over a great experience. I can recommend this comfortably to anyone staying in the area, esp. with a family. The staff really makes you feel like you're at home.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo

Reviewed 18 October 2013

This was my second time at a t Hilton. The front desk agent was a cute young girl with glasses whose name I cannot remember and I believe started with a B. However she was very friendly and helped me with my rewards issue on my complimentary breakfast tickets. No other friend desk associate would help me. I was working nights and I would have preferred dinners complimented instead of breakfast because I missed the breakfast times based on schedule.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We wanted to get close to the LA airport for our final night in California, and this hotel was available at short notice. The hotel was spotless, and the staff were warm and helpful. if our budget allowed, we would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This hotel is right of the 101 freeway and is easy to access. I was a little concerned about the noise because of the the close location to the freeway, however, our room was so quiet and comfortable! The hotel lobby is beautiful and I noticed each time I passed through there were always several guests enjoying it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a restaurant and room service until 10:00 p.m. but I did not try it, although lots of people were enjoying the breakfast. The only inconvenience for me was that there were no stores or eateries within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Hotel is clean friendly and nice rooms. The problem we had we pre booked and pre paid for two nights. I was then charged again for both nights on the credit card that was used to make the reservation. Costomer Service was very rude and stated it would take 2-8 weeks to refund. For this reason we will not book again with Hilton.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
James B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Susan,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so glad to hear that you found our property so clean and enjoyable. However, I do apologize for the misunderstanding that occurred in regards to the billing of your room. As a common practice in our industry, holds are placed for incidentals and refunded to the card if not consumed. It seems that we had some sort of miscommunication between you and our front desk and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We will be sure to reevaluate our current policies to ensure guests are made aware of any extra charges that may be placed on your card. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your concerns in further detail.

Best Regards,

James Boldizar
james.boldizar@hilton.com

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The staff was very helpful, and check in was quick. The room was very clean, quiet and a good size, had two queen beds, I didn't feel cramped. The beds were comfortable and had plenty of pillows for a change. I enjoyed the coffee, water and fresh fruit that was available in the lobby!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Upgraded to Keurig-great amenity. Close to most important clothes shopping (outlet and Thousand Oaks Mall). Tasty restaurants are close by hotel (especially Japanese cuisine). Next time I will bring bathing suit. Have never had bad experience with Hilton:)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family