“Excellent Value and Really Nice Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor

Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Texas
“Excellent Value and Really Nice Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Having a week to stay in the LA area, we decided to escape for one night, and wanted to stay near the water. A nice hotel, close to LA, and on water is not easy to find - for a reasonable price. After researching our options on TripAdvisor, we decided on this Hampton Inn. It was exactly what we were looking for. Thanks to other reviews and "tips," we requested the marina view on the 3rd floor. It was excellent. Staff was helpful, and made dinner recommendations. There are many restaurant choices in the immediate area. The complimentary breakfast was also very nice. We had a lovely time.

4 Thank TexasSM
PattyTewes, General Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you again Texas SM for your reviews!
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Having a week to stay in the LA area, we decided to escape for one night, and wanted to stay near the water. A nice hotel, close to LA, and on water is not easy to find. After researching our options on TripAdvisor, we decided on this Hampton Inn. It was exactly what we were looking for. Thanks to other reviews and "tips," we requested the marina view on the 3rd floor. It was excellent. Staff was helpful, and made dinner recommendations. We had a lovely time.

1 Thank TexasSM
Hello Texas SM:
I'm glad you were able to decide to stay with us thanks to other travelers great reviews, and now you are also sharing your experience. We love that you found us and enjoyed your time at our property, and hope to see you back when in the area.
All the best,
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

The hotel itself is fine, but definitely not the place for peace & quiet. Standard rooms face the pool and this afternoon there were about 15 screaming kids in it. It was so loud that I could hear them on the 3rd floor, through the closed balcony door. I told the management, but nothing was done and the noise continued for hours. Additionally, even though I asked for a quiet room, they gave me the room next to the interior stairway. There was a continual slamming of the stairwell door, which caused the wall of my room to shake. I asked the management if there was something quieter and the woman at the front desk said that she only had a first floor room in my category, which was admittedly not any quieter, and then proceeded to hang up on me. Any decent hotel would have just given me a different category, but they were not at all interested in the quality of my stay. I finally had to check out at 10pm and go somewhere I could actually get some sleep.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Zufrieden_in_LA
Dear Zufrieden_in_LA:
I want to apologize for the noise situation you encounter last week when you checked in, we did have a group with kids and indeed they were at the pool in the afternoon and early evening. As much as we try sometimes we are presented with challenges like this, especially with groups that have kids. I believe you were contacted by our Manager on Duty the next morning to apologize for this situation also, and again, I do apologize for it.
I hope you give us another opportunity to serve your needs in the future, while in the area.
Please feel free to contact me directly if I can further assist you.
Respectfully,
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

When I booked the room I understood it was in close proximity to highway 101.To my surprise the hotel is a bit off the main roads but well worth the trip. It is quiet, relaxing, friendly staff and great surroundings. What a nice surprise to learn upon arrival that we were next to the marina.

4 Thank Fred W
Dear Fred:
Thank you so much for reviewing our property, we do appreciate it and glad that you enjoyed your stay. Now that you know where we are, please come visit us again on your next trip to the Channel Islands Harbor area.
Best Regards,
TRACY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

The quiet of the harbor-side rooms makes up for the little quirks that come with it. Very disappointed in the fact that soggy paper cups are the only option. Also had a little issue with housekeeping, which was quickly resolved. Very close to some great eating establishments. Great to wake up the the cackling of ducks! Great location overall. Yeah, I'll be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank STEVEN H
PattyTewes, General Manager at Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Steven H:
I would like to thank you for reviewing our property and your stay, we do appreciate you taking the time to do so. I apologize for the paper cups as an only option but have to follow the Brand guideliness and as a limited service property have to use disposable items, I'm glad we were able to resolve the housekeeping issue for you.
Please feel free to contact me directly next time you are planing in coming to stay with us or while you are in house already if there is anything I can further assist you with.
Best Regards,
Fountain Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We loaded bikes on our car and spent 3 nights in Oxnard. The hotel was in a perfect location - we had a lovely view of the harbor and a spacious and immaculate room. The free hot breakfast was wonderful and the staff were very efficient keeping everything well stocked, even on New Year's Day when the hotel was at full occupancy (make-your-own waffles, eggs, country-style potatoes, sausage, cereals, fruit, yogurt, toast, pastries, juices, selection of teas and coffees, etc). I chose this hotel because it is very close to one of my favorite surf spots, Silver Strand, and there are lots of other good surf spots nearby. We walked a short distance to Topper's Pizza, which had very good pizza and a great salad bar. Oxnard has lots of flat bike trails along the harbor and coastline. We also put the bikes on our car and drove 5 miles north to Ventura and found even more bike trails - be sure to take the trail to Emma Wood State Campground. Allow enough time to take an 'Island Packers' boat over to the pristine Channel Islands during your stay. They have whale watching trips (they are seeing record numbers of southbound migrating grey whales right now - early Jan. 2014). If you are a bit more adventurous, get one of the boats that drops you at Santa Cruz Island from about 10am till 3:30pm. There are plenty of easy to moderate hikes you can do in a few hours and the views are spectacular - bring your own lunch and water. We even saw a pod of orcas on the boat trip back to Ventura! The Channel Islands Harbor seems like it has been hard hit by the economic downturn, but it is a very charming and fun destination that should not be missed.

Room Tip: For a small difference in price, we were glad we opted for a harbor view room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DianeEdmonds
Dear Ms. Edmonds:
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us while visiting the Channel Islands Harbor area, it seems you are familiar with many places around and described beautifully what this area as well as our property have to offer. We do appreciate you writing, sharing and giving different options with so much detail for others looking into exploring new places or coming back.
We hope to see you back in the near future...
Surf's Up!!!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Very pleasant location. Got to watch the boats and enjoy indoor/outdoor activities. Breakfast was a Surprise with many selections! Relaxing and Great way to Celebrate New Year's Eve! I would return to enjoy again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest:
I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay while at our property and got the opportunity to relax and have a great start of the New Year. Please come and visit us again next time you are in the Channel Islands Harbor area.
Kind Regards,
Patty Tewes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
BEST WESTERN Oxnard Inn
Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge

Been to Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor? Share your experiences!