“Always a great host hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn at Oxnard

Inn at Oxnard
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
“Always a great host hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The staff is very kind and polite. They try hard to accommodate our family reunion. We appreciate their efforts to suit the needs of our large group. It was nice to see improvements made since last year and look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Lesly E, General Manager at Inn at Oxnard, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear escamom:

Thank you for taking the time to share with our readers about your pleasant stay during the Escalera Family Reunion! It was such a pleasure to see everyone with us again!

Best Wishes

Lesly Elenes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Oxnard
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is part of the email I sent to the manager and she still hasn't responded.
Dear Silvia,
As I sit here at 4 am in the morning Awake from the disgusting sticky heat in our room due to an old air conditioning that just blows out hot air I am frustrated beyond anything you could imagine!
Let me start with the past few times I have come here. My name is Sara Hultgren and I have been visiting Oxnard annually for years with my family for the Escalera family reunion. This time has always been so special to me and this hotel has always been nice, just because it's a place everyone could stay at and be able to visit before and after the reunion. The hotel was terrible for a good few years with my aunt finding a roach in her room to just plain unclean rooms. With enough complaints to our reunion committee they moved us to another hotel. That was a great refreshing year, when we Went to a better hotel. The only thing is it wasn't built as this one with such easy access to everyone's rooms for hanging out. So they called this hotel and were assured it's different. Which brings me to three years ago:
My husband and I were sleeping in our room which smelled and was dirty to boot but we just passed that part off, when I hear someone trying to get into our room. It was people who were assigned the same room who the office sent over! We called the front office furious. I wanted to leave . The next year my immediate family stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott. Heaven! It was amazing service and beautiful clean rooms!
I was sad because we didn't get the same experience as usual and now that I had a son wanted the convenience of not having to leave in the car from the hotel dinner and Saturday night dance late at night just to drive somewhere else to sleep.
So last year we try again and hear it's taken over by Ramada and will be much better ! Wrong! We were switched three times and had to move all out stuff.
1st room smelled very strongly of smoke and had stains on all of out pillows! I have a toddler son and had a newborn daughter ! 2nd room the bed broke when I went to nurse my newborn ! Thankfully I held her tight enough and she didn't fall.
Finally the last room we were in was just mediocre but at least didn't smell like smoke or have a faulty bed.
Then my husband wanted a different hotel but as we always HOPE this time will be different and my nightmare with this hotel continues!
This year, we checked in with Josie. She tried to help accommodate but she could only do so much herself. Our first room was hot and the ac wasn't working. The tub was in terrible condition and the rooms that everyone always says are supposed to be nicer and upgraded are the same just maybe a new television !Then she had me check a few more rooms to see if you had any available with updated air conditioning units. None of them did. And it was late last night with nowhere else to go so we stayed and my husband drove to Walgreens to purchase a big fan so we could sleep decently! My mom had offered at one point to switch rooms because she had an updated air condition unit and it felt nice and cool in hers . I declined only because I didn't want her and my dad to have to suffer !
All this to say, I am a nice person and try hard not to complain but I need some sort of refund or accommodation to help ease this frustrated and disservice we have experienced!!!!
Frustrated customer,
Nathan and Sara Hultgren
P.s. I will
Also be calling corporate in the morning
Ps.sWe also have a stain red hand print on our wall, the fridge handle is broken and our tub is disgusting and pillows have stains again as well!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Travellers are raving about these Oxnard hotels

Melba, Idaho, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

As an RN I am telling you, do not stay here! The first room we checked into had black fuzzy mold growing on the ceiling of the bathroom. I called the front desk to request another room and they said they would call me back. Instead of returning my call the sent someone to "clean" it with a rag. We left to room so we, including our two year old, wouldn't inhale the spores. I went directly to the office and stated that it was very dangerous and they should close the room. They assigned us another room, that as soon as you walked in you were hit in the face with a nasty musty smell. Both rooms were hot, musty and the A/C's didn't work. Plus it's not in a very safe location. We requested a refund and left. Do not stay here! I plan on contacting the Ramada cooperate office about this also.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank jaclynmh
Dear jaclynmh:

Thank you for taking the time in providing us your feedback- I am very sorry to read about your unpleasant stay with us. I assure you that we will take care of this matter and I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Lesly Elenes