Residence Inn by Marriott Oxnard River Ridge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsgolf coursefull kitchenthe penthousetennis courtsapartment complexupstairs bedroomdallas cowboyssmall kitchenhome away from homesocial hourdonutsan extended staytraining campfree breakfastlobby and breakfast areapotatoestacos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I had a wonderful experience at this hotel with my family. The price for our rooms was very reasonable and the rooms themselves were spacious, clean and very inviting. The staff at the front desk were friendly and we honestly had no issues with our stay. I would definitely stay here when visiting Ventura again and I would suggest this place to my friends.

Room Tip: Having a fireplace in the room was very cozy!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here using our Marriott Rewards points. We arrived in LA in the evening and needed a nice place to stay in between LA and Santa Barbara. This hotel was a treat to find. The front desk staff were very accommodating and friendly. It is true that rooms seem older, but they are currently undergoing renovations and the new room furnishings look to be very nice. Our room overlooked the tennis courts, which tended to be a bit noisy as there just happened to be a tennis tournament going on during our stay. The pools were both very nice and well kept. The breakfast room was large, and had a lovely view out onto the golf course. Breakfast selections were satisfying and tasty, and well stocked. This hotel was a hidden gem on our vacation and it will only get better after the improvements. We had a great time and will definitely return if in the area again.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, ask to be away from the tennis courts.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EmEJohnson
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a great place to stay for a few days on a California adventure. You can explore lots in this area of California and come back to a great hotel. It's quite large - 225 rooms. The pools (2) are a bit small, but clean and quiet. Lovely golf course next door.

Breakfast was great as was the typical afternoon selections.

Rooms were in process of upgrade and renovations. The place is getting a refresh. Lobby was really comfortable and conducive to work if needed.

Staff very friendly.

I will come back here.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I were able to finally get away (we take care of his mother with dementia and his sister was out visiting). So ALONE time is very important. I set up the reservations for the Romance package - which included a choice of champagne or sparkling cider, a room with a fireplace, strawberries with chocolate and roses. We show up - the room isn't even ready. I asked if I could get sparkling cider and they said to choose something from the refrigerator (like a soda or something). We get to our room - strawberries were in the fridge, No roses, and they show up with the champagne (we don't drink), We asked them to move us to a room with a fireplace, but they didn't let us know that that room only had queen beds. No roses. It's was like they hadn't done this before. Thank God we weren't on our honeymoon as that would have been the ultimate fail.

So - Don't do the Romance package with them. While I appreciate what they did, I'm still kind of upset every time I think of it. Otherwise the hotel is fine. Too busy for breakfast but otherwise fine. BTW - this happened in March 2014 and the Romance package is not on the website as of now.

Room Tip: Be aware that the suites only have queen beds. No fireplaces in rooms that are not suites (which are upstairs/downstairs).
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Volvogoddess
RInn_Gst_Srv_Mana, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Oxnard River Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Greetings Valued Guest!

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns in regards to your stay that occurred during your March visit. We apologize we were not ready for your arrival. We go thru great measures to make sure all of the packages that we offer are ready and can be executed properly. Our Romance Package at its best was prime for a romantic getaway with all of the amenities included along with the scenic golf course view. We are currently undergoing renovation which includes all of the interior of our suites and exterior of the buildings. We would like a chance to correct this issue with you and invite you back to stay.

Please contact me off-line directly to discuss further.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here for a week for work, and this is a pretty good hotel. The rooms that I saw were all in need of updates, but it did look like work was being done on some of the rooms, so that was good. For instance, in my room, a few of the plugs didn't work at all and the floor by the door was sticky. In a co-workers room, the AC didn't work, and the room was about 90 degrees when we got back from meetings in the afternoon (they did move him to another room). The hotel is not walk-able to anything, but they do have a free shuttle that will take you to a lot of places close by. The breakfast each morning was great, a lot of variety to choose from. The dinner receptions are a nice touch, I think they do them Monday through Thursday, and we would always see what they had before deciding whether to eat out or not. 3 nights out of 5, we ended up eating for free at the hotel. Free beer and wine too!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
RInn_Gst_Srv_Mana, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Oxnard River Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Greetings Valued Guest!

We are so glad you enjoyed your accommodations here at the Residence Inn by Marriott Oxnard. As you had mentioned, some of our rooms do need to be updated, we have just completed the exterior portion of our renovation and by this years end we will have completed the inside renovation. The interior renovation will be equipped with new furnishings, soft goods, carpets and décor. We invite you to come back and judge us on how well we did. Thank you for your feedback and we wish to welcome you again in the future!