“Great place to relax and get away.”

Residence Inn Oxnard River Ridge
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great place to relax and get away.”
Reviewed 28 June 2009

I visited this hotel since I was attending a wedding nearby. I was there for a total of three nights. Parking is unrestricted and free; spaces are on a first come, first serve basis. I thoroughly enjoyed this property; there is a generous complimentary breakfast each morning as well as a social snack on select weeknights. There is one or two laundromats (very inexpensive but good!) on site; two swimming pools; three hot tubs scattered around the hotel complex.

The hotel is actually made of various buildings with roughly four units to a building. Standard in each room is a full refridgerator, range, dishwasher, sink, coffee maker, silverware and plates/cups/bowls. This was quite helpful to avoid eating out too much.

I was able to connect both wirelessly and wired to the hotel's internet system. Speeds are a bit slower than what I am used to, but this didn't bother me at all-- I wanted to note it for others.

The hotel may be a little hard to find, but print out directions beforehand. It is also located next to a golf course (and I am not sure if the golf course is associated with the hotel). Other notes for the location: the nearest shopping place-- a strip mall with a grocery story is about 1 - 1.5 miles (1.6 to 2.4 KM) away, but better if you're driving to go to the more developed (and much cheaper) Esplanada (sp?) Drive/Street.

Staff is courteous although not overly friendly. No issues here. Location is certainly safe; it seems to be located more or less in a residential neighborhood. I would certainly reccommend this hotel for others in the Oxnard, CA area.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Washington, DC, USA
Reviewed 27 May 2009

Typical Residence Inn. Rooms have been remodeled within the past two years.

Location was terrible to find based on Res Inn's website directions.
Curvy roads and numbering system made this location hard to find.
Recommend calling ahead for directions.

I will probably stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed 11 May 2009

My husband, our two dogs, and I had to "escape" our home in Santa Barbara from the Jesusinta Fire for 2 days. I was overwhelmed by hospitality of the staff and willingness to accommodate our 2 dogs. The suite was just lovely overlooking a golf course. It was very clean and attractive. We were able to cook meals, use our computer and watch HBO. I would definitely recommend this hotel to families of UCSB students participating in commencement.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 1 March 2009

This was a very clean hotel, and seemed to be very new or either renovated. I will stay here again when I have business in Oxnard. The rooms were quiet, the staff was nice. The only issue I had was that the cleaning service didn't come to clean my room except for one time out of 8 days. I should have called and told the front desk, but I dealt with it and just asked for more towels every other day. The maids could not understand english, so everytime I asked them to clean my room verbally, they just smiled.

That was my only tiny issue. The maids did clean most of my co-workers rooms.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Cambria, CA
Reviewed 1 December 2008

This was the best hotel ever. We have been coming since 1999
and is our home away from home. The staff is upbeat, friendly,
and they always make you feel welcome and special. Andrea, the manager has always been wonderful! Staff makes such a difference in guest experience. Important to remember they are the first impression a guest has of a place.
Breakfast is always hot and delicious, everything you could want. Afternoon refreshments with wine in a warm, and inviting dining room with views of the golf course. The rooms are impeccable and the key to this property is to snag a penthouse suite which is more like a small home including full kitchen and comfy furniture. The beds are stacked with beautiful bedding and comfy pillows.You'll never stay anywhere else in Ventura county when you arrive at the Oxnard Residence Inn.
They were remodeling when we were there too, but they really
don't need to as everything is "perfect"

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — That I can't come more often
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 October 2008

This is a lovely hotel in a residential area in Oxnard. It consists of about 40 separate two storey buildings with 4 rooms in each. Ours was a 2 bedroom with loft which was upstairs and involved toting our luggage up the stairs. This is clearly stated on their website so was no surprise to me.

The room itself was great. A full kitchen (granted the appliances were quite old) with a breakfast bar, lounge with pullout sofabed and chair, a fireplace and a TV in each room. The main bedroom upstairs (yes, more stairs!) had a king bed and its own bathroom. The other bedroom is a queen with another bathroom. The beds were very comfortable.

The pool area (there are 2 pools) was lovely and my daughter enjoyed swimming. There are also BBQs and vending machines.

The manager’s reception consisted of mostly snack type food and the usual beer/wine/soda.

Breakfast was fabulous with eggs, potatoes, pancakes and sausage. There was cereal, the usual rolls, muffins and bread, granola, yoghurt, fresh fruit, 3 types of juice, coffee and milk. One of the best breakfasts we had on our 31 day trip.

• Liked — Breakfast!
  • Disliked — Stairs up to the room
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Ozstitcher
Florida
Reviewed 22 September 2008

This hotel was the best I've stayed at. It was clean, the staff was great, and the food was great. The nightly reception was more like dinner and drinks. I stayed here for 2 weeks and this is the only hotel I would stay at here again.

Stayed June 2007