Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
“great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had a girl scout trip there with the girls and moms. It was great. Lots to do! We were in the pool, at the beach, playing tennis and basketball, bean toss, surrey ride and of course the reception and at breakfast. great buffet!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Robin G –
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent positive experience on our resort, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed all we had to offer! Looking forward to welcoming the troop back soon!
Lisa Asdikian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Korean first
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Hotel was wonderful. Staff was WONDERFUL! The Beach was Wonderful! The town around the area was everything we needed. We drove to the Mall, and the Movie Theater and cute little area's around. Just ask the front desk and they will tell you where to go! We would definitely go back!

Room Tip: We asked for a room hear the beach! It was fabulous!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Lynette H –
Thank you for taking the time to leave our resort such a positive review and share your wonderful experience. We are truly fortunate with our location however as you alluded to it truly is our Staff that makes the world of difference, so thank you for recognizing them. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We try to stay here at least once every summer. It's location is awesome, right on the beach!! The amenities are nice, the room is comfortable, and the view and sound of the water...priceless! Big bonus, the hosted managers happy hour.

The only drawback the beach! Sounds weird given that I would rave about the beach location, and then complain about the beach, but the ocean area is a bit rough and the rocks and pebbles are rough on your feet. Definitely stay at the hotel, but for actual beach swimming head down to Silver Strand in Port Hueneme, only about 5-10 minutes away.

Dear Benjamin V –
Thank you for taking the time to leave our resort such a positive review and share your wonderful experience. We appreciate your recommendation about heading down to Silver Strand. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Palmdale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

It was my 41st birthday and my wife wanted to take me somewhere special just the two of us. She booked a suite at Embassy suite Mandalay in Oxnard. This place was amazing it was a beautiful beautiful resort on the beach. The beaches were wonderful the pool was amazing the rooms were great they have a café there the food was delicious the drinks were awesome. It's a great place for couples and for families I will definitely return and bring the family

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear richsorg –
Thank you for taking the time to leave our resort such a positive review and share your wonderful experience. We appreciate that your wife trusted us for your 41st birthday and it was what you envisioned. We look forward to welcoming you back with the family for your 42nd birthday!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Overall the outward appearance of the hotel is wonderful. The pool and beach area are very nice. The Lobby is beautiful. Hidden areas like stairwells not as well maintained. Don't use the sleeper sofa! It is extremely uncomfortable. Use only standard beds. Housekeeping is hit or miss, but most requests are handled promptly, but you must ask.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Spedtraveler
Dear Spedtraveler –
Thank you for taking the time to leave our resort such a positive review and share your wonderful experience. We certainly appreciate the feedback on the hidden areas and will certainly make a note to pay more attention to those areas. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Pacifica, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We traveled with our two boys, aged 5 and 9. This is probably one of the most beautiful Embassy Suites in the country, set on a gorgeous beach, with the property sporting luscious gardens, waterfalls and palms. However, the service really was poor, at times, appalling.
I won't vent too much, but my top gripes included having to wait until 4pm for a room (arrived at 2pm, admittedly an hour early). While waiting we were told to park near the elevator for building eight (or original building number) in the underground lot. We were given directions in the complete opposite direction! We couldn't find it so we asked a staff member who was in the lot, who also gave us bum directions. We found it on our own. When we finally got our room it was in building 1. Back to the parking lot...
The room was fine, what you'd expect, a nice size for a family of four. Kids completely happy on the pull out sofa.
We went down to the pool and had a swim, it was very warm, very pleasant, but also very much a kid pool. Of course they loved it. However, it was chilly when they got out, and no towels left! This was now about 6pm. With no staff to be found I ran back to our room and brought down a couple of bath towels.
There was a pretty good selection of food for breakfast, we were all satisfied, however there were no tables open that were clean. We were told they were at capacity and apologies given. We ended up clearing a table for ourselves, not the first time I've done that, I guess. I went up for a coffee, no cups. I went for a spoon for cereal, no spoons. On and on there were little service problems, that added together put a downer on the stay.
Room service too. The second day our room was 'cleaned' but in fact all that had been done was the beds made! I called reception, who were apologetic and sent someone to finish up. They did, and they cleared all the glasses we'd used, but didn't replace them! We had no glasses. Again, another little thing, but they were mounting...
Next day by the pool, no towels again. The girl who brought drinks poolside refused to bring me water (I was also ordering 2 cocktails and 2 lemonades) she told me there was a water station inside for people to help themselves. We ate at the restaurant that night and it took 40 minutes for one desert (an ice cream sundae). At this point half the restaurant was joking about the slow service, apparently it's no secret.
I won't go on, but what I'm trying to say is that although I recommend this hotel in general, especially for families with young kids, please don't stay here with any expectations about service.
Nice rooms, decent food, beautiful location, horrible service.

7 Thank Sandy H
lasdikian, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Sandy H –
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are truly saddened to hear about the poor service you encountered during your stay with us. I assure you this is not my team’s standards and welcome you to call me directly at 805-760-9000 if I may be of service to you. Please do come back and visit us as we are confident we can provide the excellent service you are accustomed to.
Woodside, Ca
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Checked in on time slightly after 3pm on a thursday for 2 nights to attend wedding. Room not ready. Apparently hotel full and the entire staff was trying hard but clear they were overwhelmed and undertrained. Stated they would give us free valet parking for stay but of course they charged it anyway , although they did take it off bill after it was pointed out. This is a hotel that nickel and dimes you for everything. Wifi not free (absurd) and cost $9.99 per device per person!!!! so we had no wifi at all for the 2 days. The waitstaff at pool is minuscule and long wait. Went to small outdoor dining are by grill early as word was food takes forever and wow... we waited over an hour. The food was decent but why an entire hour plus? I ordered something to go for my daughter and i am not kidding she went for a run, hit the gym for a bit, took a shower, cleaned up and came down just in time for her food to arrive with ours! No apologies or anything. You would think being a busy hotel on beach they would have this down,,,, no excuses. Suite was big with an ocean view as i had requested but FILTHY. I mean like deep down dirt that the hotel staff couldn't get. My feet were black from walking on carpet in a few minutes. YUCK. Hotel very worn. They need a good lesson in family suites from HOJO anaheim. We had 2 queen beds and a pull out couch( very uncomfy according to my 13 year old daughter who can sleep on a rock and be happy. I would ditch the couch and get bunks instead . Breakfast was decent. They have healthy choices and we did like the free WSJ. I felt somewhat badly for staff but there isn't excuses that they can't handle a crowd on a busy august in the summer. Get it together Embassy Suites and also a deep cleaning is badly needed! The wedding was nice and they seemed to do a good job with it. My meal was horribly undercooked at the wedding and they took it back but it didn't come back out for another 30 minutes when everyone was done.

Room Tip: facing ocean
5 Thank Veda P
Dear Veda P –
Lisa Asdikian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxnard
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Hampton Inn Channel Islands Harbor
Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Ventura Beach Marriott
Ventura Beach Marriott
#5 of 22 in Ventura
Wyndham Garden Ventura Pierpont Inn

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Mandalay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!