“BEWARE**2nd person to be accused of smoking in room... $250 fee charged **BEWARE!!”

Best Western Oxnard Inn
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Oxnard
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 9 May 2011

My story is identical to the one mentioned above. Neither me nor my girlfriend smoke AT ALL and 3.5 hours after we checked out, we get a call letting us know that they will be charging us an additional $250.

After raising hell, I then find out that they had ALREADY charged the card for the room PLUS the $250... I will be perusing this at Ventura county courthouse.

BEWARE AND DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I will be volunteering my day next time I am in the area to way a large sign in front of their check in area waring other travelers of their sceme.

I really feel like they thought they could get away with this because we were 400 miles away from home and checked out at 6am... letting them know that by the time they called, we would be a LONG ways away.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank harrymaneuvers
BWOxnardInn, Manager at Best Western Oxnard Inn, responded to this review, 10 May 2011
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused by our smoking policies and procedures. The Oxnard Police Department was able to verify that the room had been smoked in and that is why we charged the smoking fee which is used to restore the room to a non-smoking room. This allows us to provide a smoke free experience to any guest that requests a non-smoking room. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please email us or call us using the information provided email sent to you on 5/9/2011 at 1:27PM.

Best Western Plus Oxnard Inn Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Santee, California
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Where do I begin? I have been staying here with absolutely no problem for months, maybe a year now. On my last visit, they accused me of smoking in the room and charged me $250 on a credit card I gave them 6 months ago.

I do not smoke, and I said let's go in the room and smell it together. They agreed, but when we got there then there was no smell. The they try to say "well it aired out by now". Really? Cigarette smell there then gone in a couple hours?! Ok then what's all this talk about how you can't rent the room for 3 days?

They offered a partial refund of $100. Why would I do this? I would inherently be confessing to something I didn't do. I've been stranded here (they ran my card over and I'm out of gas) stressed beyond belief right now, and what am I not doing? Smoking! If I smoke, wouldn't I be doing it now?

I will NEVER stay at a best western anywhere ever again. When I called corporate they said they are all individually owned. Thanks best western for turning my vacation into a hellish nightmare of false accusation.

Read the rest of the reviews here. The rooms STINK and you WILL be charged for it. I even had a police officer show up - smell the room, my close, and my car - and he couldn't smell anything. Yet, they wouldn't budge on giving me my money back!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank cpayette
BWOxnardInn, General Manager at Best Western Oxnard Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Best Western Plus Oxnard Inn. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused due to our policies and procedures. We use all feedback to help improve on every guests' experience at the hotel. If you have any further questions or comments regarding your stay, you may contact us directly at 805-483-9581. We look forward to hearing from you.
Salinas,CA
Reviewed 12 October 2010

This hotel was great for our training camp weekend. The only downside was the continental breakfast, they only served a few things and took them a long time to replenish the items. Rooms were clean.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
BWOxnardInn, Manager at Best Western Oxnard Inn, responded to this review, 2 April 2011
Thank you for staying at the Best Western Oxnard Inn. We appreciate your feedback as it help us to improve every guests' experience regarding the continental breakfast offering and service. We look forward to having you at the hotel during your next trip to Oxnard, CA.
ventura,ca
Reviewed 7 September 2010

The hotel was clean, comfortable, quiet, and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for staying at the Best Western Oxnard Inn. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to to your return the next time you are in Oxnard, CA.
UK
Reviewed 8 June 2010

My wife and I stayed here for one night on our way up the west coast.
It was perfect for one night.
Good room, bathroom was fine and bed was comfy.

As it is an inn there are cars outside your room so you can get woken up by people opening/closing doors.

Complimentary breakfast always helps too!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Best Western Oxnard Inn. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay and use it to improve our service and product. We are also happy to hear that you had a comfy bed and you enjoyed the complimentary continental breakfast. We look forward to you staying with us the next time you are in Oxnard, CA.
Norfolk, England
Reviewed 12 May 2010

Arrived at 1.30 in the morning, and the lady at check in was really sweet.
Room had been upgraded due to our honeymoon request.
The lady at the desk in the morning was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the area.
There was a lot of choice for breakfast.
Definitely would recommend.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Best Western Oxnard Inn. We appreciate all your feedback regarding your experience and are happy to hear that you enjoyed the upgraded room. We hope you had a great honeymoon and looking forward to seeing you at the hotel during your next trip to Oxnard, CA.
Crowley, TX
Reviewed 19 April 2010

We just returned from a week's vacation in CA and stayed 2 nights at this location. Our room had a kitchenette (small stovetop, sink, microwave and frig and cabinet space).; which was a great touch. The bathroom was small, but not a problem. The bed was not as comfortable as I like, but comfortable enough. I slept with earplugs (thanks to a snoring husband); but there were no complaints from him about any street noise, even though we were next to a busy street. We always run the "fan" to drown out any noise anyway. The room was clean and the hotel staff very nice. I loved the Oxnard square and we were able to walk to a really good Mexican food restaurant; also a good restaurant (5th Street Steak and Seafood I think) that was recommended to us. Chose this location as it had good reviews and was in close proximity to our boat trip out of Ventura to the Channel Islands National Park (which I highly recommend). Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
BWOxnardInn, General Manager at Best Western Oxnard Inn, responded to this review, 28 April 2010
Thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Oxnard Inn. I am very happy that you had a good stay in our kitchenette room. We appreciate your feedback and we are using it to improve every guests experience at our hotel. We look forward to having you at our hotel the next time you are visiting Oxnard, CA.