This place has an outstanding location. We stayed in the pineapple room for 2 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The first afternoon, we walked four blocks to the Aquarium and then returned for a wine and food reception at 5:30. It was plentiful with fruit, vegetables, cheese and baked cheese and wine. We then sat in the front parlor room and watched the ocean pound on the rocks. I explored the inn for an hour and admired the antiques, the classic cars, and the days gone by in Pacific Grove. We spent the evening reading bound issues of Life magazine from 1939 and 1940.
The following day, we had a great breakfast and watched the ocean from the dining room. The staff is very attentive and they will help you with any problems. We explored the Cathedral of Monterey St. Charles Borromeo church and found it to be the predecessor to the Carmel Mission. It has wonderful art work and atmosphere.
In the evening, we walked from our room to downtown Pacific Grove and ate at a local restaurant. We walked back on the ocean path to the Martine Inn and ate some fresh chocolate chip cookies and tea that are always available. The people who complain about this place probably have too much money at their disposal. They should stay somewhere else. We enjoyed it immensely and would like to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine walking out the front door of your beautifully appointed room and gazing at a beachfront paradise. Take a few steps and smell the ocean and hear the baby seals as they sun themselves. The Martine Inn, a Pacific Grove hotel, provides the perfect romantic getaway for people who love nature and beachfront activities. The Martine Inn overlooks Monterey Bay and provides pristine views of the coastline. The hotel features amenities including:- Romantic Ideal Location- Stroll to Monterey Bay Aquarium and Cannery Row- Complimentary Gourmet Breakfast- Complimentary Evening Wine & Hors d'oeuvres. Complimentaty Wi-Fi. Library, Conference Room, Game Room with Billiards and Ping Pong Tables. Vintage MG Car disply. Escape to the Martine Inn for an unparalleled experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Martine Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martine Hotel Pacific Grove
- Martine Inn Pacific Grove