We had a really wonderful stay at this inn. Just two quirks in service could have been improved.
A staffer came for turn-down service at 6:30pm, which is way too early. We were napping, and when we said that we didn't need turn-down service, we were "reminded" in a loud voice that we should have put our "do not disturb" hanger out. Hmm....shouldn't turn-down service be a good thing for the visitor, and not an opportunity for a reprimand?
Second, there is no coffee service in the main house until 9am. I had to walk a long way from our 3rd floor room to another building to get coffee in the morning. Not convenient, and again, not in the best interest of the paying customer.
Otherwise, it was a wonderful stay in a perfect location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seven Gables Inn overlooks beautiful Monterey Bay and offers dramatic views of the Pacific Ocean and coastal mountains from all directions. ALL OCEAN VIEW ROOMS with ensuite bathrooms. Complimentary bountiful breakfast served in the oceanfront dining room overlooking Lover's Point cove. Complimentary afternoon wine and cheese pouring only Monterey County wines. Complimentary evening housemade cookies and milk to finish your day. Complimentary high speed WIFI. Free parking. Close to Monterey Aquarium, Cannery Row, 17 Mile Drive, Carmel, Big Sur and other scenic sights. View our website for additional information on rooms and special rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Seven Gables Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 7 Gables Inn
- Seven Gables Hotel Pacific Grove
- Seven Gables Inn Grand View Inn
- Seven Gables Inn Monterey