... are the three most important things in real estate, and this place has all three. The location across the road from the bay just can't be beat. The breakfasts are good, but the real value here is the exclusiveness of the location in a town that is exclusive to begin with. There is some occasional noise due to car stereos from some of the less classy tourists passing by, but the cool ocean breezes and the excellent ocean views from the breakfast room make this the premium place to stay in Pacific Grove.
This was our second time. The first time, we stayed in the Carriage House room. This time it was not immediately available, so at first we had to "settle" for the Gables Room, which is right at the top of the house. The ceilings are low and angular - it's like a child's fantasy playroom - but if you mind your head you'll be OK. We were afraid that the room might be too hot - few places in Pacific Grove have air conditioning, and this one does not - but the many windows allowed a pleasant breeze to blow through, and let in the sound of the ocean at night. The view over the bay was premium. The king bed was wonderful.
The charming Laila is in charge of the Inn, and she runs a tight ship. Thankfully.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seven Gables Inn overlooks beautiful Monterey Bay and offers dramatic views of the Pacific Ocean and coastal mountains from all directions. ALL OCEAN VIEW ROOMS with ensuite bathrooms. Complimentary bountiful breakfast served in the oceanfront dining room overlooking Lover's Point cove. Complimentary afternoon wine and cheese pouring only Monterey County wines. Complimentary evening housemade cookies and milk to finish your day. Complimentary high speed WIFI. Free parking. Close to Monterey Aquarium, Cannery Row, 17 Mile Drive, Carmel, Big Sur and other scenic sights. View our website for additional information on rooms and special rates. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- 7 Gables Inn
- Seven Gables Hotel Pacific Grove
- Seven Gables Inn Grand View Inn
- Seven Gables Inn Monterey