We stayed 2 nights in the SeaView Cottage. This cottage while originally built in 1900 but it is apparant that everything except the frame of the cottage has been replaced. The cottage is beautifully decorated and furnished and no expense has been spared. The cottage does have a limited view of the sea, however. The Beach House building is directly in front of it. There is a small glimpse of Lovers Point from the living room and of Monterey Bay if you stand up and look out the windows. The webpage for the inn shows a spectacular view of Lovers Point from this room, but it's from the small entryway into the cottage- not a place where you could sit comfortably. The cottage has a microwave and small refrigerator which are not listed on the website. Better views could be had from rooms such as the Cypress Room.
The service at this inn is wonderful and attentive. All rooms are equipped with wi-fi and include a hot breakfast in the breakfast room. The breakfast menu sounded good and varied, but it is a communal type breakfast where guests sit at large tables with others. We don't have a lot of interest in making small talk with other guests so we just bought some pastries at a local store and enjoyed them in our room. The inn does not all guests to take any food from the breakfast room to their guest room or cottage.
An excellent stay and I highly recommend the Seven Gables to others. It's just a beautiful property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seven Gables Inn overlooks beautiful Monterey Bay and offers dramatic views of the Pacific Ocean and coastal mountains from all directions. ALL OCEAN VIEW ROOMS with ensuite bathrooms. Complimentary bountiful breakfast served in the oceanfront dining room overlooking Lover's Point cove. Complimentary afternoon wine and cheese pouring only Monterey County wines. Complimentary evening housemade cookies and milk to finish your day. Complimentary high speed WIFI. Free parking. Close to Monterey Aquarium, Cannery Row, 17 Mile Drive, Carmel, Big Sur and other scenic sights. View our website for additional information on rooms and special rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Seven Gables Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 7 Gables Inn
- Seven Gables Hotel Pacific Grove
- Seven Gables Inn Grand View Inn
- Seven Gables Inn Monterey