This is the third conference I've attended at Asilomar Conference Center. As a former girl scout camp designed by Julia Morgan (she designed Heart Castle), there are a variety of accommodations build from rustic wood (think sink outside of the toilet-shower room, no TV or phone) to upgraded (with fireplaces and newer amenities). Some rooms have ocean views. The location is the best thing about the grounds--just north of Pebble Beach right on the ocean front. There are lovely walking paths through the preserved dunes with signage describing the flora and fauna. Meals are communal style and come included in the price of accommodations; however there may be other plans. Food is fresh and well prepared, but not much choice (usually two choices for breakfast and lunch). All meals including dinner are served at a set time. Overall, a reasonably priced place to stay in a area known for expensive lodgings. What makes it all worthwhile? The gorgeous beach location. Oh, yes--winter is a great time to go. Usually no fog even though it can be cool. Just bundle up. We lucked out and had sunny days in February.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This refuge by the sea is a tranquil oceanfront retreat cradled by pine forests and white sand beaches. Situated along the shoreline of California's famed Monterey Bay, Asilomar offers historic lodging with views of the forest, surf and sand, plus unique conference spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Asilomar Conference Grounds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Hotel Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Center
- Asilomar Hotel