I was hesitant about staying at Asilomar, but I had a great time. It's close to Monterey and the beach in front is fabulous. The room was large. Sparsely decorated, but large. It had a king bed, one night stand, a desk and two chairs. The bathroom was definitely dated. The yellow laminate counter top and yellow tile floor appeared to be from the 1970s, but it was clean, had a separate vanity area with a sink just outside the bathroom, and had a small tub/shower combo. We had an ocean view, so even thought it was cold we sat on our patio. We were in Spindrift on the ground floor, so we were close to the boardwalk leading to the beach.
Breakfast was adequate. We had eggs, bacon, potatoes, juice and coffee. The food was lukewarm, but saved us the hassle of finding a restaurant. If you aren't part of a group, you will be seated in a side dining room. And the tables are almost all large, seating 8 or 10, so expect to sit with others.
Overall, I had a great time, and I'm sure we will be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This refuge by the sea is a tranquil oceanfront retreat cradled by pine forests and white sand beaches. Situated along the shoreline of California's famed Monterey Bay, Asilomar offers historic lodging with views of the forest, surf and sand, plus unique conference spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Asilomar Conference Grounds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Hotel Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Center
- Asilomar Hotel