We spend the memorial day weekend here and overall it was a good experience.
Positives: The location and the beach is breathtaking and that's the PSP of this place. The architecture of the resort is great and has an old world charm to it. Even though the rooms do not have a beach view, there is an easy access to the Asilomar beach and the trail is well maintained. Rooms have a balcony with lots of trees around and wild deers roaming around which is very pleasing to your eyes. Also, It is centrally located in pacific coast highway and just 30 miles to the 'must see' Big Sur Coast. Access to the scenic 17-mile drive is hardly a mile away
Negatives: Room facilities are very basic with no coffee maker, refrigerator or oven. Bathrooms are large but ours did not have a tub. Food is expensive and I would recommend to drive/walk to Pacific grove downtown (1 mile) where there are much more options
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This refuge by the sea is a tranquil oceanfront retreat cradled by pine forests and white sand beaches. Situated along the shoreline of California's famed Monterey Bay, Asilomar offers historic lodging with views of the forest, surf and sand, plus unique conference spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Asilomar Conference Grounds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Hotel Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Center
- Asilomar Hotel