I was here initially for a conference but at the end stayed on for a couple of days. It is such a lovely setting. Yes the buildings/ rooms are basic and you don't have fancy facilities like coffee makers etc.. but on the whole I really liked it.
Although the food was good and quite varied it was a bit like canteen food (ie made in bulk) and although for the conference part it was great having the 8 person tables, when that part was over I would have preferred the option to be on my own.
To buy food or drink in the cafe is quite expensive but good.
I can't comment on the price as it was included in the conference fees.
All the staff there are very friendly and very helpful. You are very close to the beach but it is a reasonable walk to Downtown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This refuge by the sea is a tranquil oceanfront retreat cradled by pine forests and white sand beaches. Situated along the shoreline of California's famed Monterey Bay, Asilomar offers historic lodging with views of the forest, surf and sand, plus unique conference spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Asilomar Conference Grounds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Hotel Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Center
- Asilomar Hotel