My husband and I got married here 10 years ago, and it was absolutely wonderful! We tied the knot on the stunning white sand beach and had the reception in the Seascape hall. I remember the people being delightful, and the scenery and food being heavenly, but we had stayed at fancier accommodations over in Monterey. Last night we were ending our 10 year anniversary highway 1 trip back where we started at Asilomar- this time staying the night.
I give the gorgeous grounds 5 stars. In my opinion there aren't many places that rival its natural beauty.
The Julia Morgan designed main buildings are 5 star as well and they really do create a rustic but grand charm. The smell of all that wood along with the campfire smell that hangs around makes me so happy and cozy. It has that feeling of a ski lodge, especially with the fireplace on and the games being played. there is a pretty new coffee shop, but it got tedious when one of the employees left one poor lady to serve and make food for a growing line of patrons. my mocha was so good it made up for the wait, but others were getting annoyed. I was a bit disappointed there werent coffee makers in the room, but as with everything else this added to the communal theme they have going on.
The room- I would give a 3 or 4. I don't like that it is so Spartan that it has an old cafeteria or 70's library vibe, The old waiting room chairs and carpeting as well as the burnt orange formica countertops should be redone so as to at least add a little romance. The most important thing to me is a comfy bed and this is definitely an update I very much enjoyed! Also we stayed in the Willow which was HUGE and had huge windows to view the squirrels and deer that went by in the morning. The room was also very clean and water was nice and hot.
Lastly I would like to add that the employees were always smiling and friendly. They were helpful when we had any questions or needs. This counts for a lot in my book.
I would definitiely stay here again if I was in the mood for something rustic and wanted to relax and unplug. Next time probably bring the kids since I noticed all the ones around the place seemed to be having the time of their lives!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This refuge by the sea is a tranquil oceanfront retreat cradled by pine forests and white sand beaches. Situated along the shoreline of California's famed Monterey Bay, Asilomar offers historic lodging with views of the forest, surf and sand, plus unique conference spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Asilomar Conference Grounds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Hotel Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Grounds Pacific Grove
- Asilomar Conference Center
- Asilomar Hotel