“Location, location, location”
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
~
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Glucan
Tennessee
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed 7 April 2012 for a stay in April 2012

During a recent trip to the west coast, I had a couple of free days and decided to drive down Highway 1 to Pacific Grove. When I visit Monterey/Pacific Grove/ Carmel, I prefer to rent a house or guest house. I had not dealt with Sanctuary rental previously, but I was familiar with some of the properties they represent. So, I called Sanctuary to see if they could arrange a house/guesthouse rental on short notice. Marilyn and Annee quickly arranged for me to rent the Little Yellow Guest House. I greatly appreciated how quickly and efficiently they arranged things. The guest house is a one bedroom apartment on the second floor behind the house. Actually, it faces the street so while it is behind the main house, that isn’t the way it looks or feels. It is quite literally across the street from the ocean, so it was ideally located. The guest house is nicely decorated. It is clear that the owners pay great attention to detail and they take great pride in their property. The guest house has everything that one needs for a comfortable and relaxing stay in Pacific Grove. The apartment is very bright and airy with lots of windows, including a bay window in the bedroom which looks out to the ocean. The bed was very comfortable and there is ample closet space. While the apartment is small, it is carefully arranged so it has an open feel that was very appealing. One thing I particularly liked was that the owners had provided informative notes in several places so that their guests don’t have to go looking for anything. That made it easy to quickly settle in and begin enjoying Pacific Grove. The walking/biking path along Ocean View Boulevard is just steps away from the guest house and there is off street parking for one car. The guest house is small, so it is best suited for individuals, couples or perhaps a couple with one child. You have to negotiate a flight of stairs to get in and out of the apartment, so if that is problem you may want look elsewhere, but speaking only for myself I felt that being on the second floor was a real bonus because it provided a nice view of the ocean. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Little Yellow Guest House and I would certainly consider renting the Little Yellow Guest House in the future. I also would recommend Sanctuary rental for their prompt and courteous service.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, location, location
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Montana

Young singles A romantic getaway
Older travelers Tourists
Management Response
14 Apr 2011
Thanks Frank for taking the time to write and for choosing to staying here.
Take care,
Annee
Fresno
Reviewed 13 January 2011 for a stay in January 2011

Your age range 55-64
Phoenix
Reviewed 24 November 2010 for a stay in April 2010

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$225
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing