“I go anywhere where I can find olallieberries!!”

Holly's Lighthouse Cafe
Ranked #20 of 80 Restaurants in Pacific Grove
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Great little local find that serves breakfast and lunch. The food is fresh and it is very popular in Pacific Grove.
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We have tried Holly’s twice and we like it. It’s a small place with decent food and the service is good. It can get pretty busy on weekends with the line out the door…once we asked to bypass the line to sit at the bar and they let us in and the other time we were just lucky and got there at a good time so there was no wait. The food is decent but nothing spectacular and the menu is a bit too big but they do have some unique options. The first time there I had Buckwheat Olallieberry pancakes, which was made by my request (they combined the buckwheat pancake mix with the olallieberries). The Linguica scramble was pretty good, too. I was not impressed with the eggs benedict though. I do want to go back to the try the carrot cake pancakes!

1  Thank BkPker1359

Reviewed 24 February 2014

First off, expect to wait. Second, the wait is WORTH IT!! Third, the place is busy and only has a couple of waitresses. They work their tail ends off, so if you have to wait a bit to get your refill on coffee or something else - be kind and patient - either they or the busser WILL get to you. I saw a couple of people be rude...apparently they have never had to be a server of a busy place.
The menu is huge and I have heard not a bad thing on it. We went on a Monday, which was president's day. It was still packed at 10 am. It is tucked in Pacific Grove, which is a cute community worth exploring itself. It appears to be a favorite among the locals, which is always a great sign of great food, especially in a tourist area. We came because we had read about the AMAZING carrot cake pancakes and they did NOT DISAPPOINT!! They were moist, fluffy, spicy, with the right amount of raisins, walnuts, and carrots. The carrots did not overtake the recipe and gave a nice little hint at the end of the bite. The spices, perfectly chosen did not overwhelm either. While the 2 large pancakes could have been immensely dense, they have perfected this recipe and they are very filling without being too dense. They were AMAZING and worth the wait and the drive!!!
I ordered the chorizo/mexican omelet, but could not decide between 2 items. When I told the server she immediately suggested we combine the 2 into a special made just for me, and scramble it all together. The chorizo was tender, spicy, and not too fatty - jut the way it should be. The eggs were light and fluffy and the portion generous. The hashbrowns were crispy and not greasy. I even got sourdough as a choice of toast! That is rare, at least for this midwesterner!
We tipped well as our waitress (wish I remembered her name, amazing naturally curly brown hair) was accommodating, sweet, and friendly and the bus-boy so much more than a bus-boy helping out wherever he could. They EARNED IT! My ONLY regret is that we discovered this place on our last full day in the area, otherwise we would have come in every morning and tried something new. This place hits it out of the park - definitely put it into your GPS if visiting the area and try it, then try it again!!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

This is a great place to experience first thing in the morning! It is sooooooo cozy & friendly and the menu/specials has something for everyone. YES, even warm ollieberry pie! My only suggestion: stronger, better coffee! After tasting the coffee, we ordered shots of espresso for our cups....but I'll continue eating breakfast here every time I'm on the Monterey peninsula.

1  Thank V K
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Great value, servers were attentive, enjoyable in every way for a brunch visit. Line wrapped on the outside moved quick, and the window-shopping on the street was a nice distraction. Pacific Grove is a lovely little place to shop and chill-out. Took walk to Lover's Point to work off our great meals.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I had heard great things about Holly's but my experience took a nose dive when after we were seated and our drink order taken one of the servers informed us that we would have to give up the table if the other members of our party did not arrive in five minutes (we were waiting for two others and had been seated for less than five minutes)! There were no people waiting for a seat and there were empty tables available. Fortunately our friends arrived before things became even more unsettling. After all that, our order was not taken for a good fifteen minutes and then by an all together different server. The food was flavorful but I could not get the taste of rudeness out of my mouth. I doubt I will return because there are so many good places to eat in the area where the staff are glad to see you.