All reviewspicnic tablesbagelsmile driveasilomar beachseparate bedroomstay there againgas fireplacesan francisconice sizeflat screen tvbig surtide poolsbeautiful areathe cottagessmall roomcomfy bedcoffee maker
Reviewed 11 July 2006

I love getting away from the hustle bustle of the bay area and Pacific Grove is so handy for this purpose. Bide-a-Wee has been a favorite place for years and I've watched it improve through it's upgrades. It is so comfortable now with its suites and jr. suites. I like the grassy sitting areas and walking distance to the sea. It's fun to see the deer wandering through. I love the cooler weather when it's unbearably hot inland. All this adds up the the slower, more peaceful life style I look for when I want to relax.

Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank Willow3brooks
Reviewed 9 June 2006

The Bide-A-Wee motel is perfect if you're the type that doesn't spend a lot of time in a hotel room on your vacations. Now, hold on, I'm not trying to be funny or slam the Bide-A-Wee in any way. Just the opposite--I loved the Bide-A-Wee! I got a great deal--something like $80/night, and we stayed in a room on top of the garage so it was nice and secluded. We didn't want to spend Carmel/Monterey prices for a 4-star hotel room and never enjoy it because there's so much to do and see in the area. Pacific Grove, and the Bide-A-Wee in particular are both great places to set up camp when exploring Carmel, Big Sur, and San Francisco.

2  Thank Healey04
Reviewed 24 May 2006

Just stayed 3 nights and will definitely stay there again. We loved our room and the accomodations for our dog was great. I expected the room to have a odor because they accomodate dogs but I was wrong. Everything felt clean. The front desk was friendly and they served a continental breakfast in the morning and cookies and coffee in the afternoon. Very quiet and a block from the beach.

3  Thank Resort36876
Reviewed 15 May 2006

I just stayed here for 3 nights and found it a good place to stay. Very quiet and pretty, great location a few minutes walk from the lovely public beach - great sunsets. Good quality rooms. Free internet access in the lobby which was very useful and a complementary continental breakfast also.

Would certainly stay there again. The town itself is very pretty, with some great old houses, if a little quiet for my tastes. A good location for seeing the area - easy drive to Big Sur, Carmel, 17 Mile Drive, Monterey Fisherman's Wharfe etc

2  Thank Stylus70
Reviewed 12 April 2006

We too like to travel with our dog also, one of the reasons we picked the Bide-A-Wee.

Pros: Great area, block away from the beach, easy access to Monterey areas. Free wireless internet access.

CONS: Expensive for what you get ($150 weekend). Room no where close to the pictures. Room really small, the dog (28lbs) could not turn around between the bed and the dresser, she had to back out. Poor (no) lighting in the closet area. Smellie room but we expected some odor. Thin walls, we could hear EVERYTHING...

Next time we are going to try the Victorian Inn or even the Beach Resort.

• Stayed: March 2006