“loved it!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pacific Grove
Borg's Ocean Front Motel
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
california
“loved it!!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2007

I loved this hotel by the water!!! We stayed in the ocean view room and the sound of the ocean was so relaxing. The only flaws were that you can hear people in the rooms around you and the rooms are small, but you can overlook the flaws because the view from your window is beautiful!!! I would definitely recommend this hotel to couples. The fact that you can walk across the street and walk the trail to lovers point is very romantic!!! We definitely will revisit!!!

Stayed April 2007
5 Thank jukes38

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Virginia
Reviewed 4 April 2007

For all of you folks who NEED a fancy motel to make your vacation perfect, the Borg is definately NOT for you. But, for anyone who would prefer to spend your money on daytime activities, good food, and souveniers, the Borg just might be your kind of place.

The motel has been operating for at least +30 years. I remember it being there when I was stationed in Monterey in the '70s. The look of it has changed very little - the accomodations continue to be sparten but clean. The staff is very pleasant and helpful.

You can't beat stepping outside your door in the morning with a cup of coffee, sitting in your deck chair and watching the fog move out over the ocean. And sunsets are unbelievable! There is a totally unobstructed view of the ocean; which, I might add, none of the more expensive fancy hotels, motel or bed & breakfast's in the area can lay claim to. What else would anyone want from a room on the ocean?

The prices are great for the location, and I personally hope that the Borg continues to be an undiscovered treasure for those of us who appreciate a great deal with a FANTASTIC view!

• Liked — Price fo the room and the FANTASTIC location - great view
  • Disliked — walls were thin so you could hear your nextdoor neighbor
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Tess2352
San Diego, California
Reviewed 21 December 2006

Stayed at Borg's for 3 nights (11/18-11/20/06) based on a friend's recommendation and the reviews on TripAdvisor. Our experience was similar to other people who have posted reviews.

Excellent location. From the motel, it's just over a mile walk to the Monterey Bay Aquarium along a beautifully maintained walkway, right next to the surf. The highlight of our trip was watching as a mother sea otter left her baby bobbing in the surf as she dove for food. Over 5 minutes later, she gathered up her hungry baby.

Stayed in a clean 2-bedroom unit. When we arrived, I was concerned about a big puddle in the bathroom next to the shower. It didn't seem like anything was leaking; just miss by the cleaning crew. They made our beds daily and refreshed the towels. Very nice and friendly staff in the front office. One assisted me nicely in giving me directions as I exited the freeway. Coffee and hot water provided in the front office.

I was concerned about noise from the restaurant next door. It didn't materialize. Although the louvered windows in the bathroom allowed some noise and cold in, we kept the door to the bathroom shut at night and that seemed to work fine. For the price, Borg's is the best deal in town. I would definitely stay here again. Oh, depending on which way the wind is blowing, bird do-do smell will be apparent if you keep your motel door open for long periods of time. Come on, the seagulls need a place to enjoy the view too and the motel's roof is as good a place as any!

• Liked — Great price for the incredible view
  • Disliked — Inconsiderate travelers slamming their doors as they leave
  • Tips/Secrets — Watch the beautiful sunset go down just a 7-minute drive away
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
10 Thank LynnSanDiego
New York
Reviewed 19 November 2006

I love Borg Motel and have been staying there ever since i was little. I have now gotten to know the owners, and they are very kind people. One of the owners comes up every week to do as many fixes he can do during his short stay there away from his family. I have notice during the years the improvements they have added to the motel and enjoy staying on both the ocean and back side. The rooms are small but have everything you need. The hotel is also a short walk to many attractions. When i come with my family we hardly need a car we can easily walk to the Aquarium and in town which has sotres, restaurants and theater. I would highly reccomend Borg's Motel

• Stayed November 2006
2 Thank endlesssummer7
Woodbridge, Ca
Reviewed 5 November 2006

I had to write something here, I was reading some of the stories that others have written! And it sadden's me to read some the stories. The Borg's is a GREAT PLACE TO STAY...if you make it a memoriable stay, and make them happy one's!

Our Stay at the Borg's is a Yearly Family Tradition!

We have been staying at the Borg's Motel for over 11 years now...it's the perfect place! Right across the Ocean and the scenery is breath taking, with sounds of the ocean waves. Now the Borg's is not a 5 star...so don't come here if you are looking for a fluffy bed and room service! The rooms are comfy! A place to sleep and shower from your day!

We have built memories here....we always stay on the second floor over looking the ocean directly across the street! Our 5 grandchildren love it here...we take up the second floor with rooms right next to each other...we sit outside the the early mornings and evenings, walk along the ocean trail just across the street and to lover's point, and then to the outlet stores and a bite at Archie's it's great for burgers and breakfast too! (We know Bud) :) There is so much to see and do and you are in the perfect location!! We have met many people with our stay at the borg's from all over and found that they to have made a tradition on staying at the borg's. Our kids are bringing thier kids to the borg's now! We come every year!!! And will continue to built memories!

We feel the stay at the Borg's is Priceless!! We have had nothing but great experiences with our stay at the Borg's Motel!

• Liked — LOCATION IS GREAT!!
  • Disliked — You make your accommodations work!!! :) use your imagination!!
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring throw covers to seat outside! It gets cool! Go to Nob Hill pick up a rotiserre chicken and rolls a bottle of wine w/side salad...come back and relax eating and take in the views of the ocean and sounds...so relaxing! We do this all the time! GREAT!!!
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
5 Thank ezspirit2
San Francisco
Reviewed 3 November 2006

I write to let you know how extremely disappointed I was with the motel during my stay on October 14, 2006. To say the least, the room was not what I had pictured when I made my reservation. For starters, I secured a balcony room during my reservation, the room I ended up in (#140) did not have a balcony. I also find it hard to believe that the establishment is AAA approved! The best thing I could say for the room was that it was clean; the maids are doing an excellent job. For the price of $155 a night, plus tax, I never expected to walk into a room that made a sad motel on US 50 in Nevada look like a palace! Worn out furniture, dated lamps, and sorry beds and pillows- I never would have guessed that a cheaper hotel (not to be named) in Seaside would have been a better option.

But, the minimal accommodations aside, the service I received from the front desk woman the day of departure was horrendous! Haughty, surly, and rude do not begin to describe her demeanor, I could not believe she broke the cardinal rules of hospitality. Number one, when I inquired about why I was not given a room with a balcony (I paid top dollar for the best room and I did not get it. Unfortunately, when I finally got into my room on Saturday night, it was too late to have the situation rectified), she informed me that since SHE had made the reservation, I had to have been mistaken. I’m sorry, I would NOT have reserved a room without a balcony overlooking the water, and for her to act as if I was wrong goes against all the tenets of good hospitality. All I got from her was a glare and attitude, that is unfathomable. Secondly, and at this point her attitude had soured me, she said, “Well, if you don’t like it you don’t have to stay here,” when has this ever been a phrase that was to be said to patrons? I replied that she was not to worry, I will not. The thing is, I would stay at the hotel again if it were not for her. I had learned my lesson and the next time I would have reserved one of the cheapest rooms (and ONLY during the *off* season) and walked to the water for the view. You can be sure that I will take this woman’s advice and not stay at the motel again.

I can forgive a shabby hotel if the personnel are professional and the rooms are clean, it is too bad that woman is severely lacking in the former (the rudest hotel clerk I have ever had the displeasure of meeting) and has sullied the Borg’s reputation.

• Liked — Rooms were clean.
  • Disliked — Horrible front desk attitude.
  • Tips/Secrets — If you MUST, stay during the off season in one of the cheapest rooms and walk (across the street!) to the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
11 Thank TraversethePlanet

Travellers are raving about these Pacific Grove hotels

Lathrop, CA
Reviewed 11 October 2006

We stayed one night at the motel and got a non-view room with a double and single bed. We were very pleased when we saw the location but I realized there were a lot of other choices on the same street. When we got to our room we were extremely disappointed in our beds. We knew it would be a cheesy motel but the beds were hard as rocks. We had terrible sleep. Okay price for a two bed room and awesome location but ultimately not worth it to us. I would rather get a good nights sleep and stay at any one of the other numerous places nearby or pick a place further from the ocean and drive/walk to see it.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — beds
  • Tips/Secrets — check out some other options, there are many
  • Stayed October 2006
#3 of 17 in Pacific Grove
Lovers Point Inn
Lovers Point Inn
#6 of 17 in Pacific Grove

Been to Borg's Ocean Front Motel? Share your experiences!