“Good views , good food , generous portions”

Beach House at Lovers Point
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House at Lovers Point is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The menu offers something for everyone from fish to meat to chicken to fish and several pastas. The food is good -- not knock your socks off but good and priced right. The portions are generous and next time I would split a salad and maybe even split an entree. Our salads were excellent and the lamb and pasta ragu plus the scallops were quite good. The staff also did a good job on the service. We went just after the early dinner crowd was finishing up and although most tables were filled, the noise level was fine.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

On our recent trip to California, we stayed on Central Time. So it was no biggie to go to dinner at Beach House around 5PM. See, if you go early--seated by 5:30PM, order by 6PM--you get a great deal on dinner and house wine. As in, $10 entrees and $3 glasses. Sign me up.

They were on a wait when we arrived at 5PM on a Sunday night. It was the Sunday of a three-day-weekend, so I think most Sundays probably aren't quite as busy. The view is spectacular. You're looking out at Lover's Point and the Pacific. Nice place to watch the sun go down. Their outdoor seating features heating, so it's fine to sit out there on a cold night.

The $10 menu features just a few selections from their full menu but enough variety to cover most dietary restrictions. I had the pasta and my date had the salmon. We also ordered side salads (a great deal at $3 each). Everything was tasty, though I was likely distracted by the view and the price point.

It's definitely a place I'd go to without the special. The interior is nice without being stuffy, and there are windows all the way around so most seats/tables probably have a decent view of the water. And their full prices are still pretty reasonable.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We went to the Beach House for an early bird dinner. We had reserved over a week before and were hoping to catch a sunset. However, it was the first rainy night of the season. We had a great dinner. The gentlemen had mixed drinks and we all had a bottle of wine with dinner. We added salads to our meal and shared a dessert. Without tip, our bill came to $90. I had the meatloaf which I loved - I brought half of it home as the portion was large. Definitely will be back.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

As longtime fans of the Bathhouse, we were curious to see its recently-completed reincarnation. Considerably larger and more casual, the new owners clearly took full advantage of this desirable location and made the very best use of the space. We made reservations for the value-priced sunset supper and had a very good experience. The reservation system via Open Table worked well and offered additional info and options. The limited menu included two fish, three meat and a pasta dish, an adequate selection for this special offering. Although I would have preferred wild, not farmed, salmon, it was very tasty in a beurre blanc over really nice black rice with a side of garlicky spinach; the grilled lemon half was just right to drench the salmon in juice a bit less tart than a raw lemon would yield. Given the $9.90 entree prices, the portions were neither skimpy nor overly large - just right. Service by Emma was friendly and efficient and it was obvious that staff is well-trained, something we have become increasingly aware of after watching too many episodes of "Restaurant Impossible" and "Restaurant Stakeout." This is a great value in a great location and we look forward to returning soon. The outdoor seating patio looked inviting, but since lunch service is not offered yet, it may be underutilized. In good weather this would be a perfect special happy hour place.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Judy and I celebrated her birthday at The Beach House Saturday night, a positive experience marred only by my dining choices...a corn chowder-like soup ($8) to start and the pork tenderloin ($18) entrée, The soup was thin and almost flavorless, and a good deal of the pork tenderloin was tough and chewy (though the red cabbage and apple accompaniment was very tasty). Judy had no complaints, so I guess it was a mixed bag until dessert ($5.95) which was excellent...a mud pie for Judy and a lemon tart for me.

The Beach House -- known in years past as The Old Bath House -- is situated on Lovers' Point in Pacific Grove, in an absolutely wonderful setting overlooking all of Monterey Bay. The whole building has been expanded and modernized, and for sunset lovers they offer a half dozen entrees under $10 between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.

We'll certainly go back, with hopes that I'll make better choices.