“The Old Bath House would be proud”

Beach House at Lovers Point
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House at Lovers Point is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 79 Restaurants in Pacific Grove
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Great remodel of the Old Bath House Restaurant. It's large and open with super views of the bay. The menu has more than the Monterey seafood items you see on all the menus in the area. Bacon wrapped meatloaf, pork chops, but also good seafood specials. The wait staff was friendly with good suggestions as to menu items.

1  Thank donscameron45
Kevin P, Manager at Beach House at Lovers Point, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

We are so happy you enjoy the delicious seafood specials… And you can't go wrong with the bacon wrapped meatloaf! We thank you for the wonderful review and we hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I will not be going back. Service was rude-ish and forgetful. When i mentioned this he then hovered. Over priced food. Food was ok not good. First time there, and i'm done. I trusted other reviews, and it didn't work out. Very dissapointing.

1  Thank Amber M
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The menu offers something for everyone from fish to meat to chicken to fish and several pastas. The food is good -- not knock your socks off but good and priced right. The portions are generous and next time I would split a salad and maybe even split an entree. Our salads were excellent and the lamb and pasta ragu plus the scallops were quite good. The staff also did a good job on the service. We went just after the early dinner crowd was finishing up and although most tables were filled, the noise level was fine.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

On our recent trip to California, we stayed on Central Time. So it was no biggie to go to dinner at Beach House around 5PM. See, if you go early--seated by 5:30PM, order by 6PM--you get a great deal on dinner and house wine. As in, $10 entrees and $3 glasses. Sign me up.

They were on a wait when we arrived at 5PM on a Sunday night. It was the Sunday of a three-day-weekend, so I think most Sundays probably aren't quite as busy. The view is spectacular. You're looking out at Lover's Point and the Pacific. Nice place to watch the sun go down. Their outdoor seating features heating, so it's fine to sit out there on a cold night.

The $10 menu features just a few selections from their full menu but enough variety to cover most dietary restrictions. I had the pasta and my date had the salmon. We also ordered side salads (a great deal at $3 each). Everything was tasty, though I was likely distracted by the view and the price point.

It's definitely a place I'd go to without the special. The interior is nice without being stuffy, and there are windows all the way around so most seats/tables probably have a decent view of the water. And their full prices are still pretty reasonable.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We went to the Beach House for an early bird dinner. We had reserved over a week before and were hoping to catch a sunset. However, it was the first rainy night of the season. We had a great dinner. The gentlemen had mixed drinks and we all had a bottle of wine with dinner. We added salads to our meal and shared a dessert. Without tip, our bill came to $90. I had the meatloaf which I loved - I brought half of it home as the portion was large. Definitely will be back.