“Beautiful restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beach House at Lovers Point

Beach House at Lovers Point
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House at Lovers Point is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, View, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Long Beach, CA
“Beautiful restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

My hotel staff recommended the restaurant and gave me a coupon for a free house appetizer, so I called for a reservation on Saturday night in August. The hostess said that they could accommodate me in 45 minutes. They seated me promptly when I arrived in a seat with an ocean view, and the service was prompt and polite. The complimentary appetizer was firecracker shrimp, and the server was kind enough to have it prepared without the spicy sauce for me. The only disappointment was that the asparagus ravioli on the menu had been replaced by sweet corn ravioli, which was excellent. Would have been nice to have a current menu, but not a big problem. Would love to try the sunset menu next time.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kevin P, Manager at Beach House at Lovers Point, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
We are so happy you took their recommendation and joined us for a delicious meal! The firecracker shrimp are one of our favorites and we are glad you enjoyed the spicy sauce. We sincerely hope you visit us again next time you are in town and thank you for your review.

Boulder, Colorado
“Good Food, Fast Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I'm not sure if the fast service was due to the fact that I dined here with my 13 year old son or not, but our entrées arrived 5 minutes after we ordered them. The waitress did forget my steamer clams. When I reminded her, she brought them, but East Coasters be forewarned, they are not the long-necked juicy clams you are used to. I was served several itty bitty clams. Not worth the $12 charge. There were no other children and many of the patrons seemed to know each other. Thus I would classify this as a locals restaurant. Walk to the rocks on the point after dinner for a nice view of the bay.

Visited August 2014
We are happy you enjoyed fast service and the great location and sorry you were disappointed by your clams. We sincerely hope you will visit us again and thank you for your review.
Park City, Utah
“Sunset dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This place was recommended from the staff at the visitors center and we were very pleased. We arrived about 5:15 and though there were only 2 of us in our party we were seated right away at a table right next to the window over looking the sea and Lovers Beach. Unfortunately it was overcast so we didn't have much of a sunset but what a beautiful view it was! They have a special $10.00 menu for the sunset dinner with I think it was 6 main course choices. I had the chicken and my mom the salmon and both meals were very tasty and well presented. We shared a lemon sorbet dessert which was also good with a little lemon tart but was not included with the $10.00 meal special. The wait staff was great! Our server has lived in PG for years and was very friendly and did a great job. Thank you for a wonderful evening!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are so happy you enjoyed the wonderful Sunset Supper and enjoyed a great time! Thank you also for sharing you pictures. We hope you will visit us again and thank you for the great review!
Folsom, California, United States
“An Unforgettable Anniversary Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

A wonderful window seat for two with view of Monterey Bay was provided upon request when we made our reservation. The Early Bird Menu provided many delicious food options.

Visited August 2014
Thank you for the great review! We are honored that you decided to celebrate you anniversary with us and we are so glad you enjoyed a great time! We hope you visit again soon and happy anniversary to you.
Newburyport, MA
“Birthday treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were recommended this restaurant by a friend who writes reviews from Gayot.com and we were not disappointed. We were able to dine on the glass-enclosed patio and other than dropping my husband's whisky en route to the table, we had a delightful server. She sized up the lassitude of my 4-year-old grandson, who was too close to bedtime, and produced a chocolate stick that perked him up and won her smiles from him. Our dinners were beautifully presented, unrushed and excellent.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank eastersmith
Kevin P, Manager at Beach House at Lovers Point, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
We are so happy you enjoyed a wonderful birthday dinner with us and that every one had a great time! We hope you visit us again soon.