“A Little Bit of Italy”

Vitos
Ranked #39 of 79 Restaurants in Pacific Grove
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“A Little Bit of Italy”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

On a recent visit to Pacific Grove a friend had suggested we try Vito's. This is a small nicely decorated Italian restaurant. There are numerous beautiful blooming orchids leading into the dining area. A lovely fireplace offers a welcoming touch. I would suggest the sand dabs which are similar to sole. These are Parmesan crusted and served with vegetables and a side of linguini. A very nice lentil soup
accompanied the meal . The owner personally greets and serves all guests and often serenades diners with snatches of Italian songs.......really good voice too!

Monterey, California
“Vito Sings for you!”
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Our family loves Vito's . Why? Food is delicious. Wait staff is very Sicilian...we feel coddled there. Vito sings if he's not too busy and visits tables to chat. My hard-to-please 18 year old daughter took my mother-in-law there and she came home humming O Sole Mio. My go to dish is the Eggplant/calamari parmigiana. Just thinking about this is making me hungry!

• Visited February 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Not Enjoyable!!”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

On a recent trip to Monterey, my family decided to try Vito's Italian Restaurant in Pacific Grove. This turned out to be a mistake since the meal was absolutely terrible from the beginning (bread: homemade but awful...hard to do in an Italian restaurant) through the main courses. . My husband ordered an appetizer as his main course but it came out with my son and my salads (which were not that good) and slowly but surely died. Our son enjoyed his Pollo Parmigiani, while my Pollo Piccatta was inedible (obviously way too much lemon that made it very sour tasting).. I was not charged for my entrée so I suspect others complained. The small staff valiantly attempted to keep up with the crowd; they deserve credit. All in all, it was a disappointing dining experience.

• Visited December 2012
Cupertino, California
“Great Seafood and Pasta”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

This is, year in and year out, the best restaurant for dinner in PG. The owners must haunt the docks to get perfectly fresh fish: I especially like the halibut when available. But they can even make sole appetizing.

Visited December 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Good Meals for 25 years!”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I started eating at Vitos when I was a student at the Presidio. Vitos is located right off the back side of the base on Forest Avenue. It started out in the bottom of their house, and now has moved slightly and is in a full restaurant. It is family owned and operated and the food is always good. I feel that they have good food for a fair price. I've never had a bad dish there. I live 90 minutes away, but when I want Italian in Monterey, that's where I go.

• Visited December 2012