Beachcomber Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Deer Haven Inn(Pacific Grove)
  • Pool
Rosedale Inn(Pacific Grove)
View Hotel
Pacific Gardens Inn(Pacific Grove)
  • Pool
Butterfly Grove Inn(Pacific Grove)
View Hotel
Monterey Peninsula Inn(Pacific Grove)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2013

My husband and I feel bereft saying this, as he has stayed at this motel since 1968 when he was at Fort Ord. THE LOCATION IS MARVELOUS. But even in the old days, the property was rustic (run down). The owners have always seemed too cheap to upgrade this great property. When managers Bob passed and Arlene left, the owner was too cheap to hire competent on site managers. We have had friends from Corvette and Porsche clubs abandon this place. Our last straw when I found a TICK in the room and the desk person would not even offer us another room for the same price. We took a refund and departed. It hurts us to write this because we have so many romantic memories of this place. I think these owners are irresponsible greed-heads and lousy business persons. Sad and pathetic. If you like having a room with TICKS, this is your place!

Room Tip: Ticks, thermostats falling off the wall, NO phone...it is hard to advise which to choose.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank jacksondlz
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I have stayed in a lot of funky hotels near the Assilymar Conference Grounds, but this is the funkiest of them all. I really try to not expect too much, just need a place close enough for the youth I bring to walk to and from grounds. Although this hotel meets that expectation, we will not be staying here again. The place is beyond dated and is truly just starting to fall apart. It is really unfortunate, because this could be a little gem if the owners had any pride in the property. Upon arrival there is no one to greet you. You have to find a housekeep to let you in the office and get you your room keys. No one on property at night to help with any thing. Carpets are dirty, shower backs up, remote turns the TV's channel and adjusts the volume up and down, but can not power it on or off, and there are no working phones in the room. Don't expect hotel basics such as an iron, hairdryer, or cheap coffee pot... they are not here.

In summary, do not let the "ocean view" fool you. There really is no view besides the dirty carpets, walls and backed up plumbing.... and there is no one to help you out if you need them or want to ask a question.

Room Tip: Book a room at another hotel near by.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
10  Thank h20dreams5
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We have stayed here many times before. We have two big teenage boys and we book room 14 (one queen, two fulls) for a reasonable price.

Pros: The beds were comfortable. We had an oceanview from our room that I enjoyed immensely. The location is just awesome, right next to the Conference Center and the beach; my husband was attending a math conference at the Asilomar Conference Center which is walking distance away. The staff is very nice and extremely helpful! And they are in the process of converting their video library to DVD.

Cons: This time the carpets were really dirty. (Maybe I just noticed things more this time because we spent more time in the room.) The linoleum in the bathroom had tears in it, and the shower walls had holes and patched up holes The room and bathroom are in dire need of a paint job. The DVD player did not work, and though they tried valiantly, they still could not get it to work. The swimming pool is locked up and hasn't been used for a long time. The breakfast didn't seem as abundant as other times. They used to have bicycles that you could borrow, but that is a thing of the past.

I’m hoping the new management turns things around quickly for this property, restores it and brings back the pool and bicycles.

Room Tip: Some of the upstairs room have an oceanview. Room 3 seemed to have a slow draining tub.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank dazyls
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I usually do not give bad reviews to any places, but this one deserves it. We got to the hotel pretty late to check in, but they knew the time we were coming as we called earlier to let them know. When we arrived at the hotel our reservation was not there for the night we've arrived.. They Said the reservation was for the night before and they were booked for that night and could not get us any rooms.. Unacceptable! Earlier in the day we called and were told our reservation was good and they were expecting us to come late, all we had to do was to ring the bell and someone would come to see us. We went to a whole ordeal to get settled at another hotel, in Salinas.. 38 minutes away..
Not a good experience!! I will never book a room at this place again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Ominozzo
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Thank goodness The Beachcomber Inn is back on track!!! I found the new managers Nicole and Joe to be both caring and professional. Everyone of my needs was taken care of.They even made sure I was booked into a room with recently shampooed carpets.
If you want to stay at a great location, with reasonably priced rooms and a friendly, helpful staff: Look no farther.

I'll be making reservations for October and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Room 18 and 24 are larger
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple