“Deal of the century”

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Pleasant Hill, California
“Deal of the century”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is a very nice, recently remodeled motel directly across from the Asilomar conference site. Rooms have new baths, great large HDTV with many channels, fireplace, complimentary breakfast, room coffee and popcorn. And free wi-fi
The AAA rate of $80 was amazing.
The staff were wonderful.
I would struggle with anything negative to say, but a couple minor things were the refrigerator was so noisy I had to unplug it because I couldn't sleep at night.
Also, despite the great rate, make sure you confirm each daily rate because I added on a saturday stay after the fact, and even with the AAA rate, it was $144 vs $80, which seemed to be an awfully large jump for just a day of the week and they didn't tell me at the time. But I highly recommend this place, and especially if you have a conference or vacation at Asilomar, where they charge you a fortune for room and board (you can't just choose one) and the rooms are rustic, some without phones or TVs)

Room Tip: I didn't really notice any different in rooms. the area is quiet. just check the rates as I me...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank florey603
Rose3_12, General Manager at Rosedale Inn, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at our Inn and hope to see you again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Camino, California
Reviewed 12 March 2014

What a wonderful place to get away to. We stayed in a lovely King Suite. Beautifully appointed, large jetted tub, fireplace. It was quiet yet close to everything. The staff were helpful and friendly. A pleasant continental breakfast. All in all a great stay. We will certainly go there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rebecca G
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 9 March 2014

At $100.00 a night, this room is a real treat with a beautiful queen size bed, refrigerator, microwave and sink along with plates and silverware. The tub is huge and has jets like a hot tub. There is a wonderful gas fireplace operated with a switch and the heat works very nicely. The windows also actually open up. Very nice room at a good rate. My only complaint is that the bed was too hard for me and my back has hurt a little ever since. My friend said her bed was very comfortable. Also I couldn't find the switch for the fan. I would go there again and gladly recommend it to everyone. One parking place per room right in front of the room. Nice breakfast. Very close to beach and close to Monterey and Carmel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Oakdale, California
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Great value and excellent service. Very large updated rooms. Enough room for a family of 4.
Loved that it was located out of town. Only about a 10 minute drive to cannery row, right down the road from the beach and minutes away from 17 mile drive. Definitely would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Hoopsx4
Washington
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night while traveling up the coast. You can't beat the price. The rooms are in what look like cabins (4 rooms to a cabin) and appear to have been updated in the few years. Reception/check-in was very easy even though we had no reservations. Room was good sized. Loved having the microwave and mini-fridge as well as the extra sink. Real dishes was a bonus too. There was a gas fireplace but it barely worked. The wall heater worked great though and we needed it because it was a cold rainy night and morning. Bathroom was also good size. Renovations were not thought through clearly though because large (really large) jacuzzi bathtub didn't fit well in the space and while it may have been worth a soak we couldn't justify filling it with the drought that Cali is currently experiencing. The water pressure in the shower was barely tolerable-it was very weak. Small breakfast room with okay food was a nice freebie!

Good location for walking along the waterfront. Lighthouse Street, a few blocks away, has several cute little shops and art galleries. Much nicer shopping than nearby Cannery Row.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GrandmaShe
Pinole, California
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Okay, bad stuff first. There was an envelope on the nightstand labeled for tips for housekeeping and even though they including a thank you I still thought that was a little tacky. The TV in the bedroom had a color issue, so most everything looked purple and yellow. We dealt with it the first night, and the next morning I reported it but it was never fixed or replaced (and I'm pretty sure replacing it would have been simple because I don't think they were at full vacancy), and there was no indication (like a note) that anyone had been there. When I reported it I'd started with, "This is no big deal... " but still, to address it would have been awesome. No extra roll of TP the first night (worked out okay, though!), and the large, awesome tub had some signs of wear, but no big deal. Also, thin walls. We stayed in a King Suite and a neighbor had several kids and we heard a lot of running or walking but that was no big deal to us because it was me and my kid, but that could be an issue for some people, I guess.

Good stuff: The lady at the front office was one of THE friendliest I have ever encountered at a hotel (or cottage-type motel or any sort of lodging place!). She made us feel VERY welcome. We were about to move our car to park closer to our room and a truck there to do some work was blocking and she came out and asked them to move even though I was going to work around it. Awesome. This place is right across the street from the Asilomar Conference Grounds; you can walk through that property to a boardwalk that takes you to the beautiful Asilomar State Beach. That was my favorite thing about this place. To walk such a short distance and have such magnificent views makes this place a spot to which I'd return. The room was very clean, and the wash cloths were folded like in a fan which I thought was a super nice touch! They have free breakfast but we went to First Awakenings both mornings we were there so I'm not sure how that was. But for the location and for the price we paid (at least when we stayed in February), you can't beat it. Also only five minutes drive to the aquarium.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at our Inn and hope to see you again very soon. We have also addressed the concerns you mentioned.
Visalia, California
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed during the AT&T Pro-AM so we paid a little premium. Room had some wear and tear, but was well-appointed. Comfortable bed with a nice sized bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. Large TVs in bedroom and in the living room. Liked having microwave, wet-bar, and refrigerator. Staff was extremely pleasant. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Rose3_12, General Manager at Rosedale Inn, responded to this review, 11 February 2014