“Old School Gem”
Review of Deer Haven Inn

Deer Haven Inn
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We have tried a few of the lodgings in the Pacific Grove area. Stumbled on this one as a last minute accommodation and was greatly surprised. This traditional motel has updated the rooms to a current look (and comfy too). Fireplace in room makes for a warm environment in the usually foggy area. Friendly, helpful staff along with a great location (quiet but close to town) makes for a very good choice. Will stay there again next trip to Pacific Grove.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were standard motel type rooms, the fireplace was nice. My daughter had bites on her after the first night so I think there were bed bugs. There was also a bug in the bed and a couple on the walls. The sheets and towels also had stains on them. I would not stay here again because of that-its a shame as its a great location but cleanliness is a must for me, I can live with 'tired' furnishings if everything is clean!!

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank islandgirl3374
VictorandRP, Owner at Deer Haven Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you have suffered during your stay with us. We take any issue regarding the cleanliness of our hotel very seriously. This proved to be more difficult to pinpoint and address however, because we were not made aware from you or any other guest of any of the issues described, and our attempt to contact you through private messaging has gone unanswered. Nonetheless, since this review we had a thorough inspection of all of our rooms through Clark, a foremost specialist in pest control and abatement, and no pest activity was found in any of the rooms. Our linens are cleaned and sanitized for us through Mission Linen, and our housekeeping staff is taught to inspect every piece of linen before it is to be used in our rooms. Housekeeping has been made aware of the issue, and more time has been allotted for them to perform this inspection for a higher level of quality assurance.

When guests stay with us for multiple nights, it gives us the opportunity to address any issues that the guest may have and gives us a chance to make the duration your stay a more pleasurable experience. Unfortunately during your stay this opportunity did not arise, but please contact us personally. We look forward to hearing from you and resolving any of your concerns.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

This was a nice inn located ideally in the beautiful town of Pacific Grove. The room was good, though a bit on the smaller side. The managers were very friendly and helpful. They helped us out with any questions or minor issues that we had.The breakfast was nice too. We ate outside on the table with the fire pit. The surroundings are gorgeous; you have the beach and Asilomar state park and resort a 3 minute walk away. It was about 10 minutes from Monterey.
Overall, our stay was pretty good. We will likely return when we are vacationing in the area again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I enjoyed my stay and the staff was very friendly and helpful...and made me more at ease when I had to leave my dog in the room while attending a meeting. While I wish I could have asked for a second floor room, I understood that I was placed in a dog friendly room. But it's not like I stayed in the room much, as I thoroughly enjoyed the woodsy area and paths, and easy access to the beach. And during the night, was very comfortable. I would definitely stay there again, and with such a nice management team I WILL :D

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Based on our two night stay we feel pleased with the cleanliness, decor and value of the Deer Haven Inn. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel this won't work for you. It was just what we were looking for-clean, reasonable and in a good location. The managers were very friendly and helpful. We didn't intend to use their "basic" breakfast. There are several good spots for breakfast and grocery stores for fruit etc. They have both a microwave & fridge in the room as well as flat screen TV. I found the least expensive rate on their website.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We took a day trip to Pacific Grove and decided to spend the night. Stayed nearby before, but on the way there Deer Haven caught our eye. Very reasonable price, and newly remodeled. We spent one night and it was pleasant and quiet. We were in walking distance to beach and also Monarch Butterfly habitat. One of my favorite suprises about the trip was the are deer wandering the neighborhood. Not only are they around but I swear one posed for a picture. I guess Deer Haven's not just a clever name.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
RPandJustin, Front Office Manager at Deer Haven Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Let us thank you for your positive feedback. At Deer Haven Inn, it is our goal to provide outstanding service and rates. Glad to hear that you had no trouble navigating through Pacific Grove. We look forward to having you back as our guest. Thanks again!

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Under new ownership and being remodled also is a great place to stay...Rooms are well decorated with not the usual ..Very friendly owner/ manager...giving excellent service....beds slept very good nice continental breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
RPandJustin, Front Office Manager at Deer Haven Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback! At Deer Haven Inn, it is our goal to ensure outstanding customer service and exceptional rooms. We have gone under intense renovation and we are very happy with outcome. We look forward to having you back as our guest.