“Friendly staff but musty small room.”
Review of Lovers Point Inn

Lovers Point Inn
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Mather
“Friendly staff but musty small room.”
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The view was ok. The room was as shown on the internet. It was nice to go across the street to sit at the beach. To bad I couldn't smell the room from the internet because then I would have known to bring fabreeze. It was very musty and had an old stinky locker room smell to it. The drain in the tub needed draino or liquid plumber. By the time I finished with my 3 min shower, the water was to my ankles. The continental breakfast was not bad. The office had cookies and brownies in the lobby every afternoon. Next trip to Monterey, I think we will pay a little bit more and stay @ the Best Western Beach Resort again.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank tjssadie
Sindy B, Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, I really appreciate your feed back. I want to personally apologize for your terrible experience at our hotel. I would like to ensure you that this falls short of LPI's standards! After reviewing our past procedures in room cleaning, I have sat down with the head of housekeeping and created a plan to better refresh our rooms for all future guests. Again, I apologize for your experience here at Lovers Point Inn, I do hope you decide to give us another chance, let us redeem ourselves....Thank you, Sindy Buentello
LPI Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Olivehurst, CA
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This hotel appears to be in new and very capable hands. The staff were courteous and readily available, but never in the way. The room was clean and complete enough (all the expected such as hairdryer, wifi, fridge, local tickets. etc). No fancy gym or conference rooms, but this is a vacation place, not a conference junket. The hotel is at the start of the walk/bike path to Monterey bay, a gorgeous walk of about 1 mile. What we saved in one night paid for the meals (and good meals) for days.

Room Tip: You don't need to get an "ocean view" room - just step out the door and you're the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank arboga
Reviewed 21 April 2012 via mobile

I would never stay here again. Soon as we walked in to room got hit with old musty smell. And it was really hot inside. Went to look for AC unit to cool off room and could only find heating thermostat. Called down to front desk to ask about AC and they said there is no AC in the hotels in the Monterey area even over at Pebble Beach. Lies!!! The last three hotels we have stayed at here in Monterey have had AC/ Heater units in the rooms. I would recommend staying at the Best Western Plus Beach Resort. Wish we were there now. Its a little more pricey but WAY worth it. Back to this dump, it is a small room and has a very small bathroom and no safe to put valueables. Man what a memorable anniversary for my wife and I.

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Aaron C
Pacific Grove, CA
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My husband and I spent an evening at the ideally located Lovers Point Inn in Pacific Grove, just steps away from the beach and within walking distance to the historic downtown shops and restaurants. The room overlooked the rocky coastline, adorned with the floral "pink carpet." Our room was perfect and the service was excellent. Thank you for a wonderful getaway, we will come back again!

Room Tip: Ask for an oceanview or better yet, request the Honeymoon Suite.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Heather Shute H
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed at lovers point inn in mid april for my fiances 30th birthday also our 1sy vacation together ever....loved the name of the hotel which is what made me look into it more.....amazingly friendly staff......cute rooms and about 1.5 min walk from lovers point park....very quick to respond to request made for example the lamp was unpluged by the bed after informing them someone was at my door to fix the situation.....housekeeping did a wonderful job.....I would recomend them a a nice romantic getaway anyday -monique c

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank mrrr05
whitby
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We have stayed at pricier hotels and not had half the service. The staff was helpful, even obtained a room for us on a busy weekend when we decided to stay an extra night. The view of the ocean was amazing and it was just steps to Lovers Point. I had the best run I had in years up and down the coast. Sindy and her staff were helpful. We were three thousand miles from home and they made fell right and home in Pacific Grove. Thanks so much for a great stay and making our vacation memorable.

Room Tip: Room 305 has a great view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lorraine j
Concord
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed at Lover's Point INN for my husband birthday. The staff their was very helpful, and friendly. They make you feel right at home. I don't know the area well so they had made dinner plans for me before I arrived. Check-in was very easy and fast. Rooms are very clean and the ocean view is to die for. Close to the beach and shopping..It was a great place to stay. I will come stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Monterey Peninsula Inn
Monterey Peninsula Inn
#3 of 17 in Pacific Grove

Been to Lovers Point Inn? Share your experiences!