“Was very impressed!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Madera, California
“Was very impressed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I have a bad experience booking a hotel in an unfamiliar area but was so satisfied with this little inn. I had my kids and my husband with me on out stay and I loved it! It was across the street from Lover's Point and Lover's Point beach. Perfect small area for families not looking for the state beach scene. I didn't know what to expect since the Lobby set up is small and different. I had booked on Orbitz a better deal than the hotel itself was offering and it included "oceanview" When checking it that was not specified via Orbitz but I wasn't bothered I wasn't going to sit in my room anyway. We stayed in room 315, third floor and it was ocean view to me. There might be Borg's motel in front but all ocean from the sides and front. I thought it was amazing. It was ocean view enough for me. I walked in to our room and it was very clean and with very roomie. We had two queens and room for my boys to play. Large vanity sink area, table, biggest refrigerator ever, and the bathroom was a bit small but sufficient.Shower was hot and we didn't need the heater so not sure if it worked. Its only a mile walk on a beautiful stretch of the ocean view to the aquarium. I walked with my 3 yr old twins, 8 yr son and my husband. They made it back and forth. So the walk is doable for any family. We ate at First Awakenings prior to aquarium so nice way to end our walk. I really, really liked this inn and will stay here again. My only complaint would be it was dusty. The coffee maker, etc. I think it has alot to do with the nice weather and windows open. Other than that I loved it! Pacific Grove is a beautiful area and this inn is a nice and good value find.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thomas W, Guest Relations Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear kimmirae,

Thanks for your positive review of Lovers Point Inn. We are so glad you and your family had a great time and enjoyed your stay. We take guest feedback seriously and your review lets us know we're doing a great job. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Thomas W.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

The first thing my husband said when we walked into the room was "you've gotta really love each other to stay in these rooms!" My husband and I and our two children stayed for two nights. Definitely not very kid friendly as there is hardly any space in the double queen rooms. About 18 inches space between the foots of the beds to walk through. Breakfast is nothing special but filled out tummies. Favorite part was it being within walking distance to the aquarium and Cannery Row on a nice walking path. Just an average motel...

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mandi12344
Dear mandi12344,

Thanks for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our location, however, I regret to hear that our rooms did not meet your expectations. If you give us another try in the future, I would love to recommend our Third Floor King Suite with a pullout sleeper sofa, perfect for families. Thanks for choosing to stay with Lovers Point Inn.

Thomas W.
Guest Relations Manager
Atwater, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

It's not the Ritz but then I wasn't looking for the Ritz. WhAt it is is very clean comfortable and the best place to stay in the area. The views great and you can walk uptown to explore or walk to Cannery row via a beautiful path along the ocean. Lovers point park is across the street with a nice small beach great for kids and looking for shells.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank 56becky
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

There was nothing really special about this place. The room was nicely decorated but you could tell it was built forever and a day ago. The décor cant mask the older building including the terrible paint peeling off and the doors needing some reconditioning.

I requested a 2nd floor room with a view and paid a little extra based off of other reviews and my door opened up to a cleaning closet and laundry room.

I think this hotel can get away with charging a higher price because it is located next to a beautiful park but that is about all it has going for it. The walls are paper thin and you can hear what EVERYDODY on your floor is doing in the evening or morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the end, towards the middle of the building if you want any sort of vi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Durham, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Took my daughter and 9 year old grandson to Monterey. We did not make reservations. The hotel clerk next door at Burg's Motel was VERY RUDE..so we went to Lover's Point Inn and asked if any rooms available. They were VERY KIND. Very helpful and very friendly. The room was clean, with a soothing soft color of green...we loved the simple decor verses the "usual" plain, cheap pictures you find in other hotels. It was quiet. Didn't hear people walking by. The little beach and park across the street was perfect. We had a third floor room with a view. Just beautiful. Nice little complementary breakfast. And just down the street from Cannery Row.
My only wish would have been a chair outside our door to sit and enjoy the view from outside. Other than that, PERFECTION. Price was wonderful!!! I will be returning and have already recommended it to everyone I know!

Room Tip: There is a glass elevator for easy access to upstair rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank beri f
Santa Maria, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

We had a pleasant stay. The area was very quiet, the bed was comfortable, we were very close to the water. had an ocean view from our room and were a great distance from the aquarium and shops so the location was perfect.The down sides were that the room was always freezing cold. When we would set the heater, it seemed to reset back to a colder temp and we'd wake up freezing. The bed (for a king) was tiny, not sure if they gave us a queen? The room seemed clean until we discovered blood stains on our blanket (which is why I give the cleanliness 1 star! Ew!!). It was so late we didn't bother calling for a new one and slept with the thinner blanket that was on the top of the bed.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CupcakeKD
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed in room 113 this past weekend in February. We were in town to go to the ATT Pro Am. The hotel was ok but nothing to write home about. Our room had some stains in the carpet and could use a good carpet clean. It was very dark in the room and the shower only had warm water, not hot water. The hotel was right next to the Beach House, which we went to for food and drinks. We went Sunday evening and to our surprisve if you're seated before 6pm they have a 9.99 menu. I would recommend this place if you're looking for a place just to crash a night for a good cost. I would not likely return. Also, the breakfast on Sunday was gross. Not sure who was working but by gross I mean not clean and stuff spilled all over. The first floor is also extremely noisy, so if you're a soft sleeper, pay for a higher floor.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Spindrift Inn
#2 of 55 in Monterey
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,925 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn

Been to Lovers Point Inn? Share your experiences!