“Great location, great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lovers Point Inn

Lovers Point Inn
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
SoCal
“Great location, great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

We absolutely loved our stay at Lover's Point Inn. We have stayed in the Monterey area several times, and because of the price and location, I have thought about staying here many times, but it never worked out until our last visit. I always do a lot of research before booking a room, and for the location and price, IMO there is no better option.
We had planned on 1 night in Monterey and then a drive down the coast to stay 1 night in Cambria. The weather when we arrived was so warm and beautiful, so I asked the guy at the front desk if there was anything available for the next night, just in case. There was and my husband said "It's perfect here. Let's stay". The front desk guy who helped us (wish I got his name; he was new) was so nice and helpful. Our room for the first night was toward the front (I think 203) and had a very nice view. It was a queen bed, spacious enough and very comfortable. Our second night, we were on the 3rd floor with a king bed, toward the back (maybe room 312) and we had a different, but almost better view. This place isn't fancy, but for the price, it is really nice. All of the other hotels in the area (with the exception of Borgs) are priced several hundred dollars a night higher than this one. We area always looking for the best value for our travel dollars, and for our needs, this is it. Limited, but good and filling breakfast with toast, muffins, bagels, hard boiled eggs, apples, cereal, juice and coffee. In addition to the first front desk guy, there was another man and woman who might be the owners and they we also very nice. We had such a great visit that I was reluctant to leave. Lover's Point Inn will always be my first choice on our future visits.

1 Thank SoCalGirl27
Thomas W, Guest Relations Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear SoCalGirl27,

Thank you for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and your comments mean a lot to us. I'll be sure to pass along your positive comments to our front desk staff. Thanks for choosing to stay with Lovers Point Inn and we hope to see you very soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Monterey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

My husband and I recently returned to Lover’s Point Inn in Pacific Grove and enjoyed an amazingly relaxing and pampering retreat! The location is great and the hotel always surpasses our expectations. To begin our outstanding visit, the check-in experience was easy and enhanced by a friendly, helpful clerk. We grabbed some complimentary delicious cookies and coffee and went up to see our spacious, well-appointed room. With its refrigerator and microwave, we were all set to store our favorite beverages and snacks. An unexpected treat was the box of incredibly delicious homemade assorted chocolates from Carousel Candies that was left for us. We loved the large comfortable bed with an amazingly soft but supportive mattress. As we relaxed, we enjoyed the large flat screen TV when we weren’t gazing at the gorgeous view of the Monterey Bay and cypress trees. We left the room and strolled on the adjacent recreation trail and enjoyed the beautiful waves up close and personal and Lover’s Point Park. We enjoyed a lovely dinner in the new restaurant across the street, too. The next morning, we went down to the lobby and filled up a tray of breakfast items that included my favorite hard boiled eggs,toast and muffins, several juices, great coffee and cereal- which we loved eating leisurely at our table in the room. Parking was convenient and we easily loaded up the car to go back home, reluctantly leaving our beautiful retreat!

Room Tip: The view from the upper floors is great!
Dear wbmonterey,

Thank you for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn! We are so happy you had a great stay and decided to visit us again. We've been working hard to ensure our guests are completely satisfied and your comments let us know we're doing a great job. We await your return and hope we can provide another spectacular retreat for you and your husband.

Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Cute,cute,cute! Location is ideal!
Sweet room with a mini-fridge and a microwave. I could have stayed longer. Simple breakfast (add some boiled eggs please) and wi-Fi included. Lovely patio area outside to eat. The bed and pillows were the best that I have found on my trip so far! Ask for a room away from the stairs.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Faithtraveler3,

Thank you for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. We are so glad you found our beds to be comfortable and enjoyed our Continental Breakfast as well. We hope that you stay with us again when you're ready for another getaway!

Astoria, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

second time staying there in 10 years, first time it was ok this time we had really nice room,218. no ocean view but really quiet and romantic. breakfast was realy good,bagels,toast yogurts ,oatmeal,cereals,milk,juices, and i ate them all LOL.

Room Tip: MIDDLE 3rd floor great views
1 Thank Kimberly B
Dear Kimberly,

Thanks for your positive review. We are so happy to hear that you decided to stay with us again and found our rooms to be quiet and romantic. We work hard to ensure our breakfast is fresh and it's great to hear that you enjoyed it! Hope to see you again soon.

Windsor, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Having seen it many times, we decided to give the Lovers Point Inn a try on our recent visit to the Monterey area. Having read many of the reviews, I was hesitant but...what the heck, right? The Inn has tried to make upgrades to the rooms and have somewhat succeeded in the cosmetic sense and colors are restful and well chosen. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean (although it did take time to have it serviced). I would agree with other reviewers about the noise, however, and the outdated fixtures. Certainly, it is in a great location. We walked the shoreline, walked down to Cannery Row, and walked in to breakfast in Pacific Grove. It doesn't hurt my opinion that we had incredibly great weather!! I had the recurring thought, though, that for the price we paid, I would rather have spent the extra $20-25 night for a most upscale experience. Don't know that we'll try it again, but maybe!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas W, Guest Relations Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear katyscat,

Thanks for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. We are so glad you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable, that means a lot to us. We are working hard on ensuring the best guest experience and are constantly making upgrades to our rooms as well. Thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Loved our stay at the Lovers Point Inn. Very clean and quiet space. Not fancy, but everything we could want. Loved the path down by the water. (The steps into the office and up into the breakfast room and into even the lower level rooms could be a little difficult for some people to navigate if they are older or using aids for walking.) There is an elevator to 2nd and 3rd floor.

Room Tip: We had a room down at the end of the hall away from the office and on the 3rd floor and it was very...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear SCUParent,

Thanks for your positive review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, found our rooms to be clean, and had a nice walk on the recreational trail! We hope to see you again soon.

Madera, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I have a bad experience booking a hotel in an unfamiliar area but was so satisfied with this little inn. I had my kids and my husband with me on out stay and I loved it! It was across the street from Lover's Point and Lover's Point beach. Perfect small area for families not looking for the state beach scene. I didn't know what to expect since the Lobby set up is small and different. I had booked on Orbitz a better deal than the hotel itself was offering and it included "oceanview" When checking it that was not specified via Orbitz but I wasn't bothered I wasn't going to sit in my room anyway. We stayed in room 315, third floor and it was ocean view to me. There might be Borg's motel in front but all ocean from the sides and front. I thought it was amazing. It was ocean view enough for me. I walked in to our room and it was very clean and with very roomie. We had two queens and room for my boys to play. Large vanity sink area, table, biggest refrigerator ever, and the bathroom was a bit small but sufficient.Shower was hot and we didn't need the heater so not sure if it worked. Its only a mile walk on a beautiful stretch of the ocean view to the aquarium. I walked with my 3 yr old twins, 8 yr son and my husband. They made it back and forth. So the walk is doable for any family. We ate at First Awakenings prior to aquarium so nice way to end our walk. I really, really liked this inn and will stay here again. My only complaint would be it was dusty. The coffee maker, etc. I think it has alot to do with the nice weather and windows open. Other than that I loved it! Pacific Grove is a beautiful area and this inn is a nice and good value find.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear kimmirae,

Thanks for your positive review of Lovers Point Inn. We are so glad you and your family had a great time and enjoyed your stay. We take guest feedback seriously and your review lets us know we're doing a great job. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pacific Grove
Spindrift Inn
#2 of 55 in Monterey
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,937 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Victorian Inn

Been to Lovers Point Inn? Share your experiences!