“DO NOT STAY HERE.”
Review of Lovers Point Inn

Lovers Point Inn
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Pacific Grove
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We could not wait to leave. Going back to the same area soon, but to another hotel. This is more a down market motel. Breakfast was a joke. Just a really small area to eat ... That is IF you could get a seat.
Really disappointing, was so looking forward staying here.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. Room 106 had ice and drinks machine outside the door. Thank goodness that was...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank C J
Thomas W, Guest Relations Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear C J,

Thank you for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. I regret to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I'm sorry you could not take advantage of our outdoor patio, usually there is plenty of seating. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here to attend a conference held at Asilomar Park. The Inn is OK but I wouldn’t want to stay here again.

Pros:
- comfy beds
- free breakfast (cereal, yogurt, muffins and bagels)
- view of water from room (at least if you are above the first floor)
- I had one of those tall vertical fans in my room that helped mask outside noise and provided ventilation
- microwave and refrigerator in room
- enough space in room for small wicker couch, coffee table, small table and two wicker chairs in room

Cons:
- NOISY
– walls are very thin so you hear noise in neighboring rooms
- if you open the window (or even if you don’t), you hear the noise outside, including people on the outside hallway talking or coughing. Light sleepers beware!
- No A/C
- Bathroom is tiny and poorly lit
- If you are 5’8” or taller, you will have to bend down so the shower head doesn’t hit your head
- Be careful taking the stairs at night as they are slippery and the edges are not well marked
- there are no interior hallways; step outside your room and you are outside, in the cold, rain or whatever the elements have in store for you that day.
- While smoking is not allowed in the rooms, it is on the outside hallway and so if you open your window, you may have secondhand smoke drift in, like I did. Yuck.

Room Tip: Third floor so you have less noise and a view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kili_Aztec

Dear Kili_Aztec,

Thank you for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast and comfortable beds. I hope you had a fantastic time in Pacific Grove and Asilomar. Thanks again for your detailed review.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We decided to book a room here last minute for an overnight stay. It was a 3rd floor queen, non smoking, with a balcony. It was room 301. The balcony faced the Beach House restaurant with a view of a small park and the ocean. It is a very nice area with walking trails. We walked to cannery row and the wharf; if you don't mind walking a little over a mile. This is an older Inn which I know has been remodeled, but it still feels a little dated. The room was small, clean and comfortable with a flat screen TV. There was a continental breakfast of muffins, bagels, cereal, yogurt, etc. and coffee with tables outside, weather permitting, or you can take it to your room. The 3rd floor is probably the best location and definitely the balcony. What makes this place appealing is not so much the room, but the location.

Room Tip: Book an upper floor; room 301 is a queen, non smoking with balcony.
1  Thank CaAngie

Dear CaAngie,

Thank you for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. I'm elated to hear that you enjoyed our location and found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. It sounds like you had a great time in Pacific Grove. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This is more of a motel not a hotel. In terms of a motel though it is very nice, but if your looking for Marriott or Hilton like hotels this is not your spot. The great thing is your a one minute walk to the lovers point beach where there is great sights and flat trails. Place was clean and quiet overall.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank hmsc2

Dear hmsc2,

Thanks for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. We're so pleased you enjoyed our location and found our rooms to be clean and quiet. It sounds like you had a great time at Lovers Point Park. Thanks again for your review, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Great location gave it a 3rd star. Several simple things could improve the room. Screen on the window was torn allowing numerous bugs to enter the room. Wicker table with glass on top needed a major dusting. There is no restroom in the lobby, so if you are downstairs, you had to return to your room to use the bathroom. Hotel staff was very friendly and courteous. As I said, the location was great. Walk into town, or walk to the aquarium and cannery row.

1  Thank JWCornwell

Dear JWCornwell,

Thank you for taking the time to review Lovers Point Inn. I've had maintenance check each room to ensure our window screens are all in tact, thank you for bringing that to our attention. I apologize for the inconvenience. I've addressed the dusty table issue with our housekeeping staff to ensure we keep up with our cleanliness standards. I'll be sure to pass on your positive comments to our staff. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

After reading several reviews I was a little hesitant to book this hotel. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the entire experience. The location was perfect for our purposes and the price was great. Ok so there are a couple of things that are pretty prevalent in the reviews so I'll add my opinions.

1. Thin walls - the walls are pretty thin but they didn't pose a big problem for us. We were in our room to shower and sleep basically. It gets pretty quiet at night and the only time it gets noisy is in the morning when the people and kids start stirring, but we just learned to use this as our alarm.

2. Breakfast - the breakfast area is incredibly small, but they have 6 or 7 tables out front where you can have breakfast or just take it back to your room. The tables out front are nice and you can eat with a view of lovers point. The breakfast is pretty basic, yogurt, cereal, bagels, muffins, boiled eggs etc. you won't get waffles or omelets here but it'll do.

3. Parking - there isn't an abundance of parking. If you're out past 7 or 8 expect to have to park and walk to the hotel. The staff tries to accommodate you and let's you park in the loading area out front if all guests have checked in for the night and they do the same for the registration parking spot next to the office.

4. Room issues - the bathrooms are tiny, like open the door and it barely clears the bathtub tiny. The vanity and sink are located outside of the bathroom. The microwave display kept flickering and didn't seem to work so we just left it alone. There is no A/C, which isn't really a problem because you can open the windows and it cools off pretty quickly. The issue you run into when you open the windows is you will hear everything from birds to kids in the morning.

The rooms themselves are simple, the bed was comfortable and there is a seating area in the room. The seating area in the room is patio furniture so it's not posh by any stretch but it works. Overall my wife and I were very happy with our stay and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We were in room 211 and we had a sliver of an ocean view. We didn't have a bunch of noise from s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas W, Guest Relations Manager at Lovers Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear samandsteph210,

Thank you for your detailed review of Lovers Point Inn. It sounds like you and your wife had a great time in Pacific Grove. I'm happy to hear that you found our beds to be comfortable and would recommend our location to others. We hope you choose to stay with us again, thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Lover's Point is one of my favorite spots on the California coast. I stayed at the Lover's Point Inn for two nights and I enjoyed it very much. Best thing was the location and the price. The gorgeous little beach is right across the street! It was so nice just to walk to the beach and drink my coffee in the morning, watching the waves and sea lions. It is a perfect place to stay near Monterey. I stayed in a second floor room and could see the ocean from my window. The staff is very friendly and helpful. A nice little breakfast is included, and there was a little refrigerator and microwave in my room. It is an older building but you can tell the owners are working very hard to keep it up and make it as nice as possible. The room was a little small, but for the price I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Yes the elevator makes noise, so away from elevator is best
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Susan S

Dear Susan S,

Thank you for your positive review of Lovers Point Inn. I'm elated to hear that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed our location. It sounds like you had a great time in Pacific Grove. We're constantly working on improving our location and comments like yours lets us know we're doing a great job. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pacific Grove
Monterey Bay Inn
#5 of 56 in Monterey
1 mi away
Best Western The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove

Been to Lovers Point Inn? Share your experiences!