“They are not handicap accessible” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olympia Lodge

Olympia Lodge
Los Angeles, California
“They are not handicap accessible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

I have heard great things about this lodge so every time I am planning a trip to Pacific Grove I try to stay at this hotel. I need a handicap accessible room and for the past two years I have been trying to book a room and they say their handicap rooms are "under renovation". My friends have also had the same problem. I think that this is a lie and that they don't have any handicap accessible rooms which is against the law. I'm looking up online how to report this.

• Stayed February 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Durango, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

Don't know why this is listed under specialty lodging it's a motel. The pros and cons-
Location- near the beach but little else in walking distance.
Breakfast- nice that it's included, but the office doesn't open until after 8am- very inconvenient so wasn't able rate (or eat) it.
Room location- although the hotel was nearly empty we were given a room overlooking the parking lot from the balcony and the storage area for a restaurant on the side. Very noisy, so poor nights sleep.
Room- nice decor. Went to shower at 8:30- unfortunately the shower door (glass) was jammed closed and the office was closed (again) as well. My husband was able to jimmy the door open enough to squeeze in.
Internet connection- Nice that's it's free but the signal doesn't reach all the rooms. At check in we specifically mentioned that internet access was critical as we had work to do. Gave up after an hour of trying to stay connected and stood in the parking lot with my computer.
Front desk staff less than helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank restlessbynature

Travellers are raving about these Pacific Grove hotels

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2010

We spent two nights at the Olympia and were very pleased. It is about a 3 block walk to the beautiful shoreline, through forest and we saw several deer along the way. We had an ocean view and balcony. As the lodge is among the trees, our second floor room felt like a treehouse. The rooms seem to have been remodeled quite well and the beds are comfortable. I checked the prices of several other motels in PG and Carmel and the Olympia's were very good in comparison. We'll be back.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2010

We stayed at the Olympia Lodge after checking out many other high priced hotels in the area. It was recommened by a local as being clean, quite and a good value. She was right on all accounts!!! The room was very clean and the huge king bed couldn't have been more comfortable. We paid 99.00 for the night, considerably less then the others that we checked out and just as nice. We were given a corner room (2nd floor) with a small deck that had a veiw of the beach in the distance! The room was large and spacious with a great "California" style decor as well as a very high ceiling. The place was very quite, we were able to get a great nights sleep. The staff (check in and out) were very friendly and helpful. It has the added bonus of being just a short 5-10 min walk to the beach! Yes, it could use a little updating but nothing major. The overall experience was just great we would definately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
sacramento
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2009

My family and I have stayed annually at Olympia Lodge for the past 3 years. The lodge lost my business after today. I called to make a reservation and the manager, Mary Lou, answered the phone. She quoted me a completely different price for two standard rooms that I was interested in. I called a few days ago and was quoted a cheaper rate which is the rate I have been paying annually when I stay there. I told Mary Lou that this is not what I was quoted a few days ago, and I have never paid this rate before. I wanted two rooms with two beds. She said that the two beds is a higher rate, which has never been the case before when I stayed at this lodge. When I tried talking out the price with her she had the nerve to raise her voice and was very rude and unprofessional. Some other friends of mine called because they were interested in staying at this lodge also and encountered the same experience with this manger. This manager needs to improve her customer services skills. It's costing her business.

Stayed October 2009
1 Thank annabringas30
Sonoma County
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2008

Since 2004 I have been vacationing several times at year at the Olympia Lodge and absolutely love it! The rooms are clean, quiet, and smell good and the location is convenient and peaceful. I am thankful to have found this jewel and look forward to staying at the Olympia for many years to come.

• Liked — peaceful and clean
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank LalaNorthBay
Fullerton, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2008

We usually have enjoyed staying here for the Laguna Seca Race weekend for a few years but this year we in-countered some unpleasant problems. Someone entered our room while we were out to dinner the first night and stole our friends; credit cards out of a purse that she tucked away in the dresser drawer. She found out about it only because the next day the bank called to question the charges that were made locally in Sand City the next morning which is 30 minutes north of Pacific Grove. We live in Orange County CA so we could only assume it was some local that stole them. We mentioned it to the Manager and we were disappointed that she was not very sympathetic to the situation and only said we will change the locks the following Monday. The types of locks they have are keyed locks and the rooms are not visible to the office or the street so they can easily be entered. One more thing. We made our reservations a year in advance and paid $275.00 per night, Sunday's rates were the same so we did not stay. Two guys on Motorcycles arrived the same day and were only charged $180.00. So they do charge much more for those who like to plan in advance.

• Liked — The area it's in
  • Disliked — Un friendly staff and room being entered and cards stolen
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
#6 of 17 in Pacific Grove
Bide-A-Wee-Inn & Cottages
Bide-A-Wee-Inn & Cottages
#1 of 4 in Pacific Grove

Been to Olympia Lodge? Share your experiences!