“Always dependable.”

Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Voted best clam chowder for many years! Enjoy fresh sustainable seafood at affordable prices. A local favorite and a must for visitors. Two blocks up from the Montetey Bay Aquarium. Family friendly with a children's menu. Enjoy local seafood, pasta, burgers, soups, salad and house made desserts!
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We've always made a point of coming here for lunch at least one time every three or four years. Nothing fancy but located right on Lighthouse, they deliver a quality lunch. I like the clam chowder, rich and creamy. The shrimp Louie is very good too.

Nothing romantic here but there is a consistency worth trying if you like seafood.

With so many dinner options on the Peninsula, this restaurant is a great lunch option.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

The Shrimp Louie Salad was very fresh with an abundance of ingredients--LOTS of bay shrimp, grated egg, pepperoncinis, cherry tomatoes, avocado & what I'm guessing was farmers market mixed lettuce. Couldn't finish it in one sitting so took the leftovers back to the hotel for later. My husband had the clam chowder & enjoyed it immensely--this in itself is a huge compliment! Highly recommend.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Fish and Chips, soggy thick tempura like coating, fish was mushy and oily. We were very disappointed.

Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Had a really good lunch here on a Monday just before Labor Day, after checking tripadvisor for decent places nearby. My husband LOVED the chowder and we had a nice bottle of wine, overall very good value. The place itself is a couple of blocks back from the coast and showing signs of wear but clean, cute and very nice service. Overall a nice lunch and chowder was everything we hoped for.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I had the crab meat sandwich and hubby had the bread bowl with clam chowder. Nothing memorable and expensive. I a little bit of a foodie, so I can say the quality was ok, but I gues I was expecting more I terms of the sandwich. The fried calamari was good, but that is a hard thing to screw up. Service was decent on a Monday.