We booked a standard king room because of the photos on their website. My husband has failing vision, and the light, bright nature of the room with a large window over the sliding glass door, was very appealing. When we arrived, the front door of the 3-unit building was propped open. We climbed the stairs up to the third floor, and as soon as we started climbing, the musty smell began. When we opened the door to our room, the smell intensified, and we were shocked at how dark and dank the room was. The beautiful, large window above the sliding glass door was blocked off, so no light came through. Outside our room was a dying oak tree, which didn't help the ambiance or the light in the room. There were multiple stains on the ancient carpet. The only "glasses" in the room were paper cups. Paint on the walls was chipped in places. Had we not paid for our room in advance, we would have left. When I mentioned the window being covered up to the owner upon checkout, she looked perplexed - like she didn't know they were all covered - and said I must've been looking at photos of the suite. I told her I didn't think so, and when I got home I double checked. The title of the photo showing the large window said "Standard King Room". In my book, this is false advertising.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peaceful and relaxing, the BEST WESTERN The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove offers spacious townhouse-style accommodations in a quiet neighborhood just minutes from the beach. Explore the incredible coastline from your cozy home, located right off 17-Mile Drive on the incredible Monterey Peninsula. The large guest rooms and suites with high ceilings are comfortable and convenient for discovering the area, and you will love the complimentary high-speed Internet access and deluxe continental breakfast served daily. The Monterey Bay Peninsula is one of the most beautiful slices of the coast of California, and the BEST WESTERN The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove provides the perfect home base from which to explore all of the area's attractions, from water activities to scenic hikes and wine tastings to whale watching. Nestled between pine and eucalyptus trees in a quiet residential neighborhood, this charming hotel is within walking distance to Asilomar State Beach and Asilomar Conference Grounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn And Suites Monterey Pacific Grove Hotel Pacific Grove
- Howard Johnson Pacific Grove
- Pacific Grove Howard Johnson