My family (me, husband and 3 small kids) and I stayed here this past weekend. We were with two other families. We rented a junior cottage, which was the biggest I could get without springing for the $900/night house. Let's just start by saying it wasn't a cottage. It was a large hotel room with a partition. The room was very clean but the furnishings were dated. The light switches didn't correspond to the fixtures they were near and I had to call the front desk so they could walk me through the sequence of switches to turn on the dimmers in the bedroom. The bathtub (an old jacuzzi tub) leaked and there was damage to the wall. The mini kitchen consisted of a bar sink, a small microwave and a mini fridge. We were unable to use the freezer section of the fridge because the door was gone.
The good news is the location is excellent. A block from the ocean and near a neat lighthouse. You can walk to downtown or the tide pools. We enjoyed the daily morning complimentary breakfast too. That was definitely a plus. The scenery is beautiful and the grounds of the hotel are nice. We used the pool a couple times which our kids enjoyed. We were told there is new management as of a couple weeks ago. I hope they do some needed repairs and updating. This could be a real treasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lighthouse Lodge & Suites is a boutique hotel that is nestled amid the Monterey Pines, 1- 1/2 blocks from the tip of Monterey Bay and the Pacific Ocean. We are conveniently located next to Pacific Grove Golf Links, Point Pinos Lighthouse & the historic El Carmelo Cemetery. The property has two unique sections located across the street from one another. Each day, we provide a complimentary continental breakfast from 7:00 A.M. - 9:30 A.M. Pool & Spa available for guests. The Cottage property is a thirty-one unit property. Our Cottages have a king size beds, microwave, mini refrigerator and gas burning fireplace in all rooms. The Cottage patio has tables, chairs and fire pits. The Cottages include a daily chef prepared breakfast each morning from 7:00 A.M. - 10:30 A.M. and wine & hors d'oeuvres from 4:30 P.M. - 6:00 P.M every afternoon. We have a variety of meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 40 people classroom style. We also offer group rates for those booking 8 or more rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelClick and Agoda so you can book your Lighthouse Lodge & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Lodge And Suites
- Lighthouse Resort Pacific Grove
- Lighthouse Pacific Grove