Lighthouse Lodge & Cottages
Sunset Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$154
US$150
  • Pool
Deer Haven Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
US$132
Pacific Gardens Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$145
Butterfly Grove Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
US$120
Best Western The Inn & Suites Pacific Grove(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
US$175
Rosedale Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
US$129
Monterey Peninsula Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
US$142
Lovers Point Inn(Pacific Grove)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$145
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmade to order breakfastcottage roomoatmealhot tubbreakfast each morningpoint pinos lighthousesofa bedhot breakfastroom was largenice fireplaceshort walk to the oceanmini fridgemile drivegas fireplaceafternoon wineroad tripcannery row
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Agree completely with many of the other two and three star reviews. Not sure why I didn't read the Trip Advisor reviews before booking but I didn't. Also, I prepaid, so was stuck, otherwise I would have left after first night (of 5). I had a lower level double double, overlooking the cemetery. Dark and so musty my allergies acted up. Stained furniture, holes in the curtains, cobwebs in the corners and blinds that have never been dusted, latch on the sliding door not strong. Kind of laughably shabby. Breakfast lame, Folgers coffee for a coffee pot that doesn't really pour. Never did see the cute fireplace sitting area, must be across the streets at the "cottages"?? Maybe that's nicer? Location is quiet and private, but if anyone is I the room next to you or above you, you can hear EVERYtHING they do and say. Really disappointing. Someone else mentioned this, but they just give you a lone key to your room--no ring or anything, couldn't even attach to rental car chain. A small thing really but annoying. Had to make a key chain so I didn't lose it. So stuffy but didn't feel like I could leave the windows open at night--Safe area but as a woman alone, I'm always cautious.

Room Tip: Get a room on second floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mi M
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We booked a room here for 10 nights while we looked for a home. We had very high hopes given the website, but we were very disappointed! The condition of the room was terrible: stained carpets, dingy bed linens, dingy towels, tiny shower that had grout and baseboards missing, mattresses that were as old as the building itself. We were not expecting anything luxurious, but had we not received a great rate we would never have stayed the entire time. I should note that we were in a pet friendly room, not cottage.
Pros: location is nice and quiet. Deer walk through the property and cemetery daily. Pet friendly. Breakfast was fine and I appreciated having it available though it is the same thing every day. The beach and lighthouse are walkable. Great gov't rate.
Cons: dated and dirty. You must drive to everything other than the beach, no convenience stores or restaurants near by. Never even saw where the fire pit and wine receptions were. Just loose keys were given to us for room keys. Room doors were close together so you heard your neighbors comings and goings.
Overall, I had high expectations for Pacific Grove and this hotel and both were a disappointment. If you are planning a trip to the Peninsula, skip PG and stay either in Monterey or Carmel. Maybe the rest of the property was nice, but we would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Location is great - adjacent to a cemetery just above the beach - walking distance to the lighthouse, golf course and beautiful trail that parallels Asilomar State Beach. Also just a short drive to the quaint business district in Pacific Grove. Just 10 minutes from Cannery Row. Very, very quiet at night, with just a glimpse of the ocean. But maintenance issues marred the experience. Chipped baseboards, missing grout, rather thin towels, cheap/scarred motel quality furniture, shabby/broken plumbing fixtures in the bathroom, a fuzzy old CRT tv, a sliding glass door that didn't latch shut (so I hauled my most valuable belongings out to the trunk of the car each day). The hot buffet breakfast was actually better than I expected - 2 kinds of scrambled eggs and hot fried potatoes, though it seemed only sliced white bread was offered that day. The room was spacious, and the bed comfortable, and the wifi was free so my main needs were met. But for the price, I expected a bit more than "shabby chic".

Room Tip: West side - facing the ocean
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights in the Jr.Cottage for our anniversary, and loved it. The room is nice, with a comfortable king bed and bedding. It has a large bathroom with a jacuzzi tub, and a sitting area with a gas fireplace, and little bar area with a mini fridge, microwave, small bar sink and countertop. The room is really quiet, and just outside the room is an outdoor patio area, with 2 fire pits, and teak chairs. There is a nice dining room, where they serve a really good breakfast, restaurant-style.They have several breakfast choices including eggs, omelettes, waffles, oatmeal, etc. They also have fresh fruit salad with pineapple and melon.They serve wine and appetizers in the afternoon on the cottage side, and BBQ on the lodge side. We didn't take advantage of the afternoon appetizer session, although many people use it as a light dinner. The hotel is very close to the public golf course, a short walk to the beach, and a short drive to downtown Pacific Grove, and the Monterey Aquarium.We stayed in the cottage side, because they allow pets in the lodge side. The Marketing Director said hotel is under new ownership, with plans to update furnishings,etc.in a few months. All the staff we encountered were really nice, and very helpful.We really enjoy Pacific Grove, which is a charning town. We much prefer it over Carmel which is super expensive, crowded with tourists, and has limited parking; or Montery which is really commercial. We love PacificGrove,and will definately be back again!

Room Tip: We recommend the junior cottage, which is next to the outdoor patio and fire pit.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed in room 228 with the sweetheart. Quiet room, nice hot breakfast, great location. Pool is NOT heated, which was a big disappointment. Room was very outdated, baseboards rotting, carpet is very very dirty and railing on balcony was filthy and rotting. The room was too pricey or the quality. I'd stay again, if the rate were much lower. It's also weird that they give you a key, just a key...no keyring or keychain. Easy to lose and hard to keep track of. Anyhoodles, proceed carefully.

Room Tip: Rooms that back up to cemetery are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple