“excellent value and clean comfortable rooms!”

Sea Breeze Inn & Cottages
New York City, New York
“excellent value and clean comfortable rooms!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This place is great! The room was clean and extremely comfortable. It even had a fireplace!
The staff was very nice- I left my sneakers behind by accident and they arranged for them to get ups'ed back to me.
The water pressure in the shower was good compared to the other placed we stayed on our trip. Parking was plentiful and the beach is a 15 minute walk away.
If you need a place to stay in Monterey/ surrounding area - choose this place! The value is exceptional!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MinaNYC19

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed here October 3rd and 4th, 2013. Was only going to say one night, but enjoyed the atmosphere and location so much, I stayed another night. The walls were a bit thin (I could hear my neighbor snoring a bit), but the room was as pictured. Find me a hotel with the same rate that doesn't have thin walls! The bed was comfortable, the TV outdated, but with the ocean a block away and shopping a few more blocks away, an outdated TV was the least of my concerns. The room was equipped with a hair dryer (a huge bonus), a refrigerator, a microwave and a small coffee maker. No, it didn't have ocean views, but you could walk to the beach in 5-10 minutes. The area is residential and safe. Wildlife abound! My first morning, 4 deer walked within inches of my car! I found the staff incredibly friendly. The parking area is tight, but manageable. I was informed that lobby opens at 8am. At 8am, the doors opened, I was greeted by staff with smiling faces and fresh coffee and muffins. I am sorry that others didn't find the Sea Breeze Inn as charming as I did. The rate of my room was fantastic for the location alone. The lighthouse is right around the corner. Everything you want to see is within a few miles- Monterey Aquarium, Fisherman's Wharf, 17 Mile Drive, etc. and I loved that I could buy my Aquarium ticket through the hotel. I was able to avoid the LONG line. Should I return to the area, I will be staying here. I was in California from the 2nd-7th, and out of the three hotels I stayed in, this was the best.
Most definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper. Have dinner at the Asian restaurant next door- it's a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank travelingfatso
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Good location. Out dated room with paper thin walls. This is a Motel, not an Inn. Breakfast door locked when advertised it should have been open. Pictures are misleading. Staff was unresponsive, then rude.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Terrance S
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed at Sea Breeze Inn & Cottages on Sunday, 8/25/13 - A great location with super Oriental Restaurant next door. Near the lighthouse and ocean was great.. The room, not so much! We were given one of the handicap rooms in front even though I did not ask for it. We thought this was great however because the room would be larger. There was actually a couple next door in the other handicap room with a husband in a wheel chair. I don't know how he managed to get around in the room. Although the door-way to the bathroom was larger & shower was handicap accessible, the room did not look anything like any of the photos posted in the Sea Breeze Inn Website. Only thing I recognized was the office photo and some of the grounds. After we got our luggage into the room, there was no shelf or luggage rack to put them on. Very old furniture, too. Driveways were very narrow (almost one-way only) .. we were told breakfast was served from 6am but when we left at 8am, the office was locked up tighter than a drum. We had to put the keys in a box provided outside the office. Luckily I got a receipt when I checked in. The guy who checked me in said that a receipt printed out by mistake so I might as well take it. I guess other guests left without a receipt. Very loosely managed office staff.

Room Tip: Probably will not stay at Sea Breeze Inn in Pacific Grove, CA again.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mickie S
Fresno, California
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Was concerned as it was only 2.5 star rating on Priceline. Stayed over the Memorial day weekend. Quiet, a little less than a mile from downtown Pacific Grove, maybe a little less than 2 miles to cannery row ( check google maps for exact distance). There is no such thing as a "bad area" of Pacific Grove or Monterey for that matter. So would be perfect place to bicycle from especially to see the sights. The rooms are older, but were well maintained and clean. the staff polite and friendly. The breakfast is only juice, muffins, and oatmeal. but good enough for a quick bite. Had several different types of pillows, not just the big overstuffed ones...which worked out great because I like a flatter pillow and forgot mine!

Room Tip: all rooms are fine
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Wayne A
Staten Island, New York, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We chose Pacific Grove as our next stop after San Francisco because of its location - not too far from S.F., and a good jumping-off point for the California central coast. The Sea Breeze is just a mile, or so from the center of town, which made it close to the coast as well as convenient to town. The Sea Breeze itself is very nice; the room was comfortable with a good-sized bathroom, including an excellent shower. The staff is very attentive; the sink in the bathroom needed a minor fix and someone was there to take care of it within 15 minutes of our call to the office. Just as a note when you're first coming in ... the Sea Breeze has property on both sides of Lighthouse Avenue, so keep an eye out for the office on the right.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carole K
Northern California
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We were looking forward to our stay at Sea Breeze. Let me start with the positive....great location and the bed was comfortable! The area is very quiet and close to the beach and lighthouse. We were so excited for our vacation and were very disappointed when I opened the door to our room....actually when I got out of the car. The walkway outside our room smelled like cat urine and the smells continued when I opened the door...the room smelled like mold/mildew. We had no cable on our last day of our stay. The parking lot is very small and I nearly hit two vehicles trying to maneuver through to get to my parking spot. The walls are very thin and we could hear the neighbors television and everything else. Free breakfast consists of a cup of coffee and a muffin. Now that I know better, I will not be staying here again. This is my second trip to the area and we saw many other places that would have been a better option.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the cottages instead of a regular room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
#3 of 17 in Pacific Grove
Lighthouse Lodge & Cottages
Lighthouse Lodge & Cottages
#13 of 17 in Pacific Grove

Been to Sea Breeze Inn & Cottages? Share your experiences!