“Excellent Meal! Great Service!”

Alberto's Ristorante
Ranked #58 of 80 Restaurants in Pacific Grove
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prescott Ln.
Transit: There are several bus stops within a block of the restaurant.
Description: Buon Giorno & Bienvenuti To Alberto's Ristorante Where Great Food, Good Friends & Fun Times Come Together Alberto's is a local's secret. Hopefully, you'll find us and join the party.
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was in town for the Big Surf Half Marathon and looking for a place to carb load the night before. Alberto's was completely booked when I called but the host who answered the phone informed me that if I could arrive by 5:30 he could squeeze us in. When we arrived, I wasn't too sure about the place based on its location in a strip mall. My mistake...location isn't everything. Alberto's is a smaller, intimate restaurant with limited seating. Be sure to make a reservation!

The food was exceptional!!! The portions are on the bigger side so you may want to consider sharing an entree. My friend and I shared a Caesar salad and the Ziti Al Forno. We were sold once we had the salad (delicious!). The ziti was the icing on the cake (amazing!). Our awesome waitress, Sabina (be sure to sit with her if you can), recommended a Pinot Grigio that was also very delicious. By the end of the meal, we were raving about the food to each other. A definite must do if you're in the Monterey area.

2  Thank Sarah H
There are newer reviews for Alberto's Ristorante

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I have been to this restaurant four or five times. It's a favorite of a friend. Sometimes the food is great, sometimes not. Same thing for the quality of service. The price is reasonable and the location is easy with ample parking.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

It tasted like I was with my grandmother and she made the bean soup for me. GREAT!!! My husband who does not eat many veggies had a broccoli salad and he ate it all. Love it!!!. You must have the lemon desert it was to died for. I was back in Hoboken eating lemon ice. Alberto is a great host and so was his assistant. We had a wonderful time and listening to great stories. I felt I was back in Italy. We will go there again. This restaurant is off the beaten path put it is a must to find. Just across from Safeway in a little strip mall.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Alberto, the owner and chef, and a previous chef to the Hollywood stars, made our dinner wonderful! Twice he pulled up a chair, and sat with us for a minute, asking what we wanted for our next course, or "how was your pasta?" Don't let the strip-mall setting deter you! This small ristorante is a good as Italian food gets, and we're traveled to Italia 12 times in the last decade!

2  Thank SteveTraveler
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We have been in virtually all of the Italian places on the Peninsula. You would hope with the Sicilian heritage of Monterey that it would be a good place for Italian, but not in most cases.

This really is an outstanding value for Italian among a sea of so-so faux Italian places on the Peninsula. It's a bit out of the way in Pacific Grove, but the food is fresh, perfectly cooked by the delightful Alberto, service is good and price right. Not over the top fancy, just real Italian. We had Petrale Sole Piccata and a seafood pasta-both perfect. You won't get that on the Wharf. The wine is reasonably priced as well.

Outstanding value.