“Forget fancy, revel in the kitsch & value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Breeze Motel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sea Breeze Motel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Pacifica
Tampa, Florida
“Forget fancy, revel in the kitsch & value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

Bottom line, the Sea Breeze, its decors and fixtures are stuck in the 70's. And then remember how good the 70's are looking in today's world! OK, so there's no hairdryer, no coffee in the room, a low tech TV, etc. But the rooms are clean and comfy, the sound of the Pacific gently slapping the rocks out front lulls you to sleep, and the beaches right at both sides of the parking lot are a sight for sore eyes. The desk workers were very friendly and helpful. And the attached Nick's restaurant was one of the most pleasant "time machine" eating experiences I have had in a long time. I arrived late, after flying all day, and the host went out of his way to assure me that I could get hot food from the kitchen, even though they officially stopped serving about 10 minutes before I walked it. I sat at the bar and ended up mingling very pleasantly with the locals, who were more than happy to suggest a wonderful wine. I'm not a big fan of "bar food," but the fried zuccini was wonderful, and the portion was huge. If you are hooked on modern technology and decor, don't stay here. But if you want a comfortable, old room at a great price in an amazing location, make a reservation!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kleetampa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2010

Very good price for a room, basic amenities, nothing fancy but you 're not paying a lot so it was perfect for us. We travelled in and out of San Francisco from here and it was so much better than paying $$$$ and staying in the city! You are right next to Rockaway beach with beautiful sunsets. Front desk was very pleasant and gave us extra towels when we asked. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank scarymary73
lehigh valley, pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2010

Meeting up with old friends in San Francisco and Pacifica area. I was set up at Sea Breeze by a local. I was on a budget and needed a place to stay for just one night before heading into the City for the duration of my visit. $95 dollars single room, one bed. Staying here was like a blast from the past, 50's style. The rooms are basic, but very clean and simple. Shower and bathroom were spotless with awesome water pressure and hot water in abundance. Towels although not the fluffiest, were spanking clean. Large Queen bed was very comfortable with crisp clean sheets. Pillows fine. TV had lots of stations, and a fridge in the room. Now the BEST part. The Pacific Ocean is about 50 feet from your front door! I can't remember ever spending such a wonderful night listening to the waves crashing on the beach and rocky coast. Delightful. Nick's Restaurant next door made a wonderful breakfast stop. All in all, one of the most pleasant stays I've had in some time. After paying almost $300 a night to stay in Cape May NJ just a month ago, with barely a glimpse of the sea, this was a real treat. I almost wished I could have stayed one more night! I'll be back next time I visit San Fran, if only for one night to hear again the symphony of the ocean at my door! Check it out!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank sterling2004
Hughson, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

I would definitely stay here again. The staff was very nice, always with a smile. The view is awesome! We went bicycling and found that there are many trails. Accommodations are simplistic but very clean and tidy. I would say it depends on what your goals are when you stay here. If you want a 4 star hotel you won't find that, but you will find a secluded place with a beautiful setting. Nick's Rockaway restaurant had good food but a bit pricey. Had breakfast upstairs at the Best Western Lighthouse Hotel and enjoyed great views and special price for breakfast. Good Times had.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kcsouza31
Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

We loved the location of the Sea Breeze Motel! Not too fancy, but the ambiance was BEAUTIFUL and calming. The rooms do need a little refurbishment, as anything right on the ocean, but the rooms were clean. The staff member on duty was very accommodating; we needed to come home a day early due to work and he refunded our one night, even after we made the reservation. We were very thankful to him for that. For all you runners out there, there is a beautiful trail right next to the hotel that leads you to the other side of the mountain where you can run on the beach or on the mountain trail! I loved it! Pacifica was a cute little town too!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sleepyhollow420
sacramento,ca.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2010

This is the closest you will ever sleep to the ocean. Basic but clean rooms, great for families, you can walk down to the beach, restaurant right next door, need i say more?

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank lovetotravel2533
Grass Valley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2010

After living in San Francisco nearly my entire life, I now find myself retired in the foothills of the Sierras. I recently had to stay in the city but my regular accommodations were not available. I decided that I wanted to have a Bay or Pacific view for a change. For a city surrounded by water on 3 sides, there are remarkably few places to stay on or near the water. I found the Sea Breeze because my partner remembered Nick's restaurant, where we ate crab sandwiches for decades. The motel is old, yes and very basic, but clean. The location is wonderful and the management is very helpful. The sound of the ocean is not to be missed. We have booked one week in June, one in July, one in August, when the hot summer in the foothills will have us craving the ocean, and the fog.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CreeksideGrassValley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pacifica
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lighthouse Hotel
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay
Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay
#5 of 8 in Half Moon Bay
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn

Been to Sea Breeze Motel? Share your experiences!