See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I'm surprised at some of the clean remarks about this hotel because that is not what I found. Maybe it is dependent on the room or whom cleaned the room. Definitely do not stay here if it's a prolong stay or traveling with kids. We needed to obtain a government rate and this is the only place providing that rate, within Pacifica. We stayed there 4 nights. Each night was more horrible than the next. My boy picked up so much crap off the floor, eventually something he picked up made him throw up. He threw up on the comforter and I took it off, plus put it on the floor to be replaced. I found that they put it back on the bed. There was mold on the bathroom window and on the shower curtain. An inch of dust on the floor behind the bed. Fridge was not cleaned when we checked in. The worst part, me and my son got scabies. If anyone has ever had scabies, it sucks and it is very time consuming to get rid of. We have to treat the whole family and it's not fun trying to treat a 1 and 3 year old. We notified San Mateo County about this health concern. It's cheap for a reason and I definitely would not recommend it, especially if you have no tolerance for dirtiness.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ngim
abvipacifica101, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

First let me apologize for the experience you encountered there is no excuse for the conditions that you describe. We appreciate your comments and use them to provide valuable training for our employees and we continuously strive to provide them with the tools and training that they need to improve your lodging experience. Please know that we are taking steps to make sure that the conditions that you have described do not reoccur in our lodging facility.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Needed a place to stay by San Fran that was not outrageous in price. We headed out of town a ways and saw the exit to Pacifica, took it an came upon this motel. We took the chance even though it was not a name we recognized. Not new or fancy but our room was large with two queen beds and clean. Plenty of towels and had an elevator right close to our room. It worked every time and we used it a lot. Plenty of outlets on the walls for recharging all of our phones, laptops and mifis. Nothing hot for breakfast but plenty there to have a healthy breakfast. We only booked for one night at the beginning but decided to stay and play an extra day in San Francisco so booked the same room for the next night. We found the manager to be very accommodating and he was always there if we needed something, which we did not except for more coffee for the next morning. It is so nice and close to everything...I would definitely stay there again. If you are traveling far from a hustle and bustle city you probably could get this type of room for $65.00 at the senior rate but for being that close to San Francisco, it was a great place to use as our base.

Room Tip: Drive a few miles out and you can save a lot of money by staying in this motel. Easy access back to city.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katie G
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The San Francisco Bay Area was experiencing a heavy travelers week. City hotels were booked full and charging there "high" rates. Having lived in the bay area for my entire life, abeit the past 6 years, I drove to the coast city of Pacifica (8-miles south). My GPS showed "Americ'a Best Value Inn". I stopped, and found the price affordable. Manager on duty was helpful and even reduced the price after I showed all my cards (AARP, AAA, etc.) (ps... the parking lot was empty at 6-pm)
The room was non-smoking, large with king bed, table and side chair.
Roadway facing room .. was very quite and could not hear the traffic.
Continental Breakfast was adequate with OJ or Apple, cereal, pastry, coffee.
Check out was easy and smooth at 7:30am.
(Parking lot was FULL)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Tom C
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The room I stayed in had mold around the windows--a lot of it. The heater didn't work. The carpet was badly stained. The tub/shower had nothing to prevent slipping, or to hold on to if you lost your balance. The bathroom was generally discusting. The attendant seemed to pretent that he didn't understand English. The worst place I've ever stayed, and for $100.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank SoCalCavalier
abvipacifica101, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate your taking the time to post your review. We apologize for the conditions that you encountered while a guest at our Inn. We take your comments seriously and use them to evaluate our Inn and provide additional training to our staff as needed. We assure you that we have taken steps to ensure that all of the items you describe have been addressed, corrected and will not happen again. We hope you will consider coming back to see us again to give us another opportunity to be of service to you.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

Forget the big sign on the front of the building-it's never applicable! Had to telepone the place to even raise a live person! Ridiculous!

Room Tip: Go somewhere-anywhere else!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DamiasMa
abvipacifica101, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Thank you for posting your review we appreciate your comments. We do offer a walk-in special from January 1 thru March 31. The special runs Sunday thru Thursday only. We appreciate your business and hope you will come back again in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience.